Chapter 19- Sunflower

Henry

Fucking hell? Can't I just say a world and not end up with an argument with her? She is prepared for her speech, I must say. A list of couples with age gaps.

I followed her into the house and I heard a loud bang of a door coming upstairs.
"You said wrong words again, My Lord," Morris said from the corner.
"Are you listening to our conversation? I will fire you, Morris." I warned.
Morris rolled his eyes and walk to the kitchen.
"Do not go to Xykie now. Let her cool down first. Bring her, her dinner..." Morris said. I stop my track to go and follow her.
Why I even listening to Morris?
"I will prepare some meal for her. You may want to cut some roses from the garden...without thorns, My Lord." He said before he disappeared.

I don't know what to do with her anymore...
Am I jealous of Lucas? Fucking hell, I don't know. Probably.
Am I bothered with her affection for me? I am lost on what to do with it, honestly.
Do I feel ashamed when I'm with her? No... I am happy despite our arguments when I am with her.
So what stopping me?

I found myself in my garden, looking lost on what to pick. There are flowers of different colors but I don't think rose can represent Xykie. I walk and walk until I saw these flowers. Yellow and green... Tall but pretty. Big but delicate, just like her. I cut one and carefully walk back to my house. Morris smile when he saw the flower.
"Perfect." He said. He raises the tray that he is holding. I place the sunflower at the side of the tray and slowly take the tray from him. I murmured my thanks and went to the stairs.

My mind is in a jumble as I don't actually know what I want. I am lost on what is my purpose in life. My title as a Knight is nothing if you don't have a place anymore. The palace does not need me. I am the last Knight of this country. My estate can run without me. My mother is better without me. But Xykie? What does she want from me?

I heard her voice, talking to someone probably on her phone but I don't hear her properly. My first thought is, she is talking with Lucas. Then anger started to crawl at me. But I pushed her away towards him, didn't I? One way or another, I have to face the consequences of what I did. So I calm my nerve. Hold the tray in one hand and knock on her door.

She stops talking and said:
"The door is not locked. Please come in."
I inhale deeply and slowly open her door. I saw her standing at the center of the room, hand on her phone.
"I brought you dinner," I said.
She didn't acknowledge me and I feel, disappointed.

"Sakura, tawagan kita ulit." She said to the person on the other line.
"Sure." I heard a girl replied. She tossed her phone on her bed and really look at me. Without blinking, without a smile, without a jesting smirk.
"Please place the tray at the table. Thank you." She gestured to the small table by the window.
I place the tray and I didn't know what to say after. She's waiting for me to speak... But I don't know what to say to her.
"Anything else, Henry?" She asked. I shook my head.

She walks to the door and opens it. A silent request to leave.
"Xykie."
"I get it. You don't have to repeat it." She replied.
"Can we please forget what happened at the boardwalk?"
"Sure." She replied shortly.

I am running out of words to say to her.

"Can you please, close the door?" I asked.
"Oh...but for propriety's sake, I will open this door. God knows what your house staff will say when I close this." She said with a hint of sarcasm. She's throwing my words on me.
"Ok... I'm sorry. For what I said. I am just... lost." I told her.
She's listening but didn't say anything.
"I don't know how to handle you," I told her truthfully.
Her shoulder started to shake but still kept her mouth shut.
"I am not ashamed to be with you. I am just protecting you, that's all."
Still no reply from her but her eyebrow raise.
"I... I found you to be different and I hate to admit it but you... you speak as you know me."
Xykie still standing at the door. But she releases her hand at the doorknob and the door slowly closes.
"I don't do relationship, Xykie."
She rolled her eyes. I rub my face with my hand. So frustrated that I want to say something but don't know how to say it.
"I... I... don't know what to say anymore. You keep quiet there and I hate you to be so quiet..."
"But you don't like me when I talk." She replied.
"No. I like listening to you even arguing with you. It sometimes tiring but..."
"Listening to me is tiring?" She asked.
"No... Arguing." Christ... I can't even talk to her without her twisting my words. I look at the ceiling to count...

"I give up..." I finally said. "Just don't call Lucas, for Christ's sake. I will slit his throat when I see him here." I said and walk towards the door. But Xykie blocked the door. She leaned on it, arms crossed over her breast. One eyebrow raised.
"You are jealous of Lucas." She stated. I closed my eyes too tight just to pretend that if I won't see her, she won't see me.
"I think so," I replied.
"You are not sure?"
"Yes... I am jealous. Now, please do not torment me anymore." I replied thru gritted teeth.
I didn't hear her so I slowly open my eyes. She is smiling at me.
"It's not hard to admit, isn't it?" She whispered.
"I don't know what to do with you anymore," I said in resignation.
"How about we eat that dinner you brought me and start from there, sweety?" She said.
"Don't call me that," I replied. She tugged me and I walk without hesitation with her. Her shoulder is shaking with laughter.

----------------
A/N
Kapag ba ganun ang usapan, sila na?
Naguluhan din ako sa usapan nila, kayo ba? Ano sa palagay nyo?