Chapter 40- My Love

Henry

I woke up with a heavy heart. Xykie is not available to talk this day. And today is my birthday. Not that I celebrate it but I just hope she's here. She said she has a mission and can't talk the whole day.

"Good morning, My Lord." Morris greeted me when I went down for breakfast. The whole house is in chaos. Maids are running here and there. The house is extra clean and the windows are all open.
"Happy birthday." He said.
"Thanks. What is going on?" I asked.
"Oh, you know. Your party later..." He replied with a smug on his face.
"What party? I told you I don't celebrate..."
"But My Lord, your grandma will be here later and the Prince and Princess... Plus your favorite cousin Lucas will also be here."
"Blasted Morris..."
"You will only celebrate your 34th birthday once. Do not worry, everything is under control." He said proudly. "And our favorite videoke is ready to use. An HD projector is currently installed at the ballroom. Everyone can sing, My Lord."

Why I haven't fired Morris is beyond me?! He doesn't even follow my instructions.

"After breakfast, you will have your facial..."
"What facial?" I suddenly asked. He has a notebook on his hand and he is reading MY TO DO LIST.
"I book a home service facial for you. You face needs to take away the dirt. I can see some blackheads so a facial is needed." He checks something in his notebook.
"After your facial, next is massage followed by foot spa, manicure, and pedicure." He checked again his notes. "Then, a haircut and shave..."
"You are ridiculous." I murmured.
"I will pretend that is a compliment coming from you, My Lord. You will thank me later for sure. Enjoy your day... and My Lord, Happiest Birthday to you."

After all the poking and trimming and cutting on me, I look like a sparkling red apple ready to explode. I didn't know that facial is damn painful.
"How's your experience?" Morris asked me when he is making sure my bow is in place.
"Do I look like I enjoy those poking on my face?"
"Ah, but your face is clear right now, I can see. No blackheads."
I look at my phone, and there is no message coming from Xykie.
"She must be busy," Morris said kindly. I didn't reply.

I faced the small crowd that Morris invited. My Grandma, William and Jackie, and Lucas. Some of my friends from the Royal Guard. They are very fond of that videoke that Xykie bought.

"My Lord, can you please go with me to the Library?" Morris whispered to me.
"Why?"
"There is something that needs your immediate attention, right now."
"Later," I replied.
"It's urgent, My Lord. Between life and death." He hissed.

I excused myself to my grandmother and left the ballroom with Morris.
"I am sorry My Lord, but it has to be you that needs to attend this," Morris said urgently. He opens the library door and steps aside so I can come in.

I stopped short when I see Xykie, holding a cake in front of me.
"Happy birthday to you." She started to sing.
I didn't know when did Morris close the Library door. I was just there, standing, stunned and hoping this is not a dream. Xykie moves until she is in front of me.
"Happy birthday, dear Henry, happy birthday to you."

"Happy birthday... Make a wish." She raised the small cake in front of me. The small candle is already melting.
"My wish is already in front of me," I said. I can't believe she's in here.
She shyly smiles at me. "Then make another before the candle melts."
I wish to marry you and grow old together.
I blow the candle and take the cake from her hand. I place it on the table.
"Are you surprised?" Xykie asked.
She looked lovely on her pink dress and curly black hair.
"Yes. I was expecting a message from you though since I woke up." I hold her cold hands.
"Are you cold?" She shook her head.
"Your hands are cold," I said.
"I'm nervous." She blurted out.
"Why are you nervous?"

She's bitting her lower lip and place both her hand on my neck and kiss me. I dreamt of her lips a thousand times since we parted and I never expected to taste her again today. I answered her kiss as hungry as she is. I hold her waist and angle my head to deepen that kiss.

"I love you." She said. And I stopped kissing her. I looked at her frightened eyes and asked.
"What did you said?"
"Je t'aime." She said in French. "It's the only French I know besides that curse word."
"You love me?" I can't believe...Am I hearing impaired now?
"I do...love you...so much...and it really frightens me." She replied.
"Je t'aime tellement mon amour. Dieu que je t'aime." (I love you so much, my love. God, I love you) I said in between of kissing her.
"Oh, Xykie... My Love... This is the best birthday ever... Thank you, My Love. I will take care of you." I hold her... My heart is beating against her heart. And she is holding me too... Gentle and caring...
"Are you crying, Henry?" She asked.
"Not that I'm sad, My Love." I hold her tighter and whispered her the promise of love that's only for her.

We went back to the party, not that I want to...But Xykie asked me. And I formally introduced her to my Grandmother as my girlfriend. My grandma can not contain her happiness.

"Morris." I went to my butler at the end of the room.
"My Lord." He bowed smiling.
"Thank you, Morris," I said.
"You're welcome, My Lord. You are always, welcome."
"Call all the staff... We have a party...It's my birthday." I said...Probably smiling. What can a guy like me could ask for? I look at Xykie lovingly. I am one lucky son of a bitch to have her.