Chapter 38- Mon Amour

Henry

I went back to Cordonia with sadness but with determination to prove to Xykie that she is the only one for me. I know Morris will remind me every day what an idiot I have been. We called each other every day and night since our time zones different. I sent her text messages every time I miss her during the day. I once capture a sunset on her favorite spot and she replied with a crying emoticon after she saw it.

I was in my library, checking some emails when Xykie called. It's in the middle of the day, so probably it's early in the morning in the Philippines.

"Bonjour mon amour." I greet her. She's holding a mug of coffee and she looks like she's in the office.
"Hi... I am on duty." She said. She is wearing a headset so we have privacy to talk.
"You are on a mission and you are talking to me?"
She nod then chuckled. "With Sakura."
Sakura waved at me then went back to her place when I wave back.
"My Love..." I called her. I saw her smile that she hides behind her mug.
"I will go to you in a fortnight. I just missed you so much and it's been 6 weeks since I saw you."
"Save your money, Henry. You don't have to go in here every two months."
"But I want it to... God, I am really an idiot for pushing you away. I missed you around, mon amour."
"That's the price you have to pay." She said softly.
"Yeah... I regret all the things I did to hurt you, my love."

Someone ruffle Xykie's hair and she shouted a handful of curses.
"Kiro... Bwisit ka." She said after the litany of the curse.
"Message you later. We will hunt someone in a while." She waved and close the video call.

I went back to the Philippines without Morris this time. And I met Xykie's family and those cousins and close friends that she has. Her mom and dad are still following my move but other than a cold stare from Sir Kyle, I am still alive. They have an afternoon gathering when I met them.

"Kyle, stop torturing him with your stare." Ms. Marie, Sir Kyle's sister warned him.
"Nakatingin lang ako." He reasoned out.
"Tinatakot mo eh."
"Ang laki nyan, matatakot sa akin."
"Hindi ka lang pinapatulan, Kyle. Tigilan mo yan."

Xykie tugged me so away from her Aunties and Uncles but her cousin, the football superstar stops us...
"Pahiram kami, Xykie." He said. Xykie glowered at him but he just shrugged her off and led us to a group of her cousins.
"Lord Henry..." They greeted like they are jesting and Xykie turn red with irritation.
"Just call me Henry," I replied.
"Kuya..." Xykie growled at his cousin.
"Hi..." A woman with black eyes offers her hand. "I'm Allison. Carlos' wife."
"No." Xykie went from growling to being afraid in an instant.
I offer my hand in a handshake because of good manners. I don't understand why my past flashed back in a fast motion. Allison smiled at me and withdraw her hand.
"Ano?" Carlos asked. They all looking at her like they are waiting for something.
"Sila talaga eh." She said.
"Come on man, sit with us... Welcome to the club." Said Gabriel.
"Tu l'as blessée, je vais te traquer." (You hurt her, I'll hunt you.) Gabriel warned. I nod at him.
"What did you said?" Xykie asked him. Gab shook his head and handed me a beer. Xykie narrowed her eyes.
"Tu hablas español?" (You speak Spanish?) Carlos asked me.
"Si," I replied.
"Sabes que estarás muerto si la lastimas. Sólo para que quede claro."(You know you will be dead if you hurt her. Just to make it clear.)
"Entiendo," I replied.
"Christ, is this a show-off of your multi-lingual skills?" Xykie sounds frustrated with her family.
"Watashi wa anata ga nihongo o rikai shite inai to omou." (I bet you don't understand Japanese) Said the Japanese guy seriously.
"What?" I asked back. He and Gabriel laugh.
"Did you just said a joke, Kiro?!" Xykie asked flatly.

I went back home after a week and my heart left in the Philippines with her. God, I love her so much I wish I can marry her right now without her father going apeshit at me.

————————
A/N
Hay, the first book in series usually the longest...
3 lang ngaun, daming meeting parang hindi Friday 😭
Enjoy your weekend