Chapter 25- Memories

Henry

Leticia Santorio... There is a bad taste lingering in my mouth just by speaking her name even on my mind. That good for nothing woman who abandoned her husband and her son because of her immoral love affair.

"Henry," William called me.
"What?" I am not in the mood for talk.
"Do you want to talk?" He asked.
"Do I look like a person who wanted to talk right now?" I glared at William. He may be my long distant cousin and best of a friend but he is still the Crown Prince and speaking to him like this is disgracing the throne.
"I am your friend, Henry," William said.
"I know. Just leave this issue, will you?"
He nods at me and I leave him in the hallway.

What that woman wanted now? Money? Of course, what else?

I waited for my mood to be manageable then I went to the coffee shop that Xykie said earlier. I saw Leticia, my mother, sitting at one of the tables at the corner, obviously waiting for me.
"Bonjour." My mother greeted me.
"What are you doing in here?" I asked in a cold tone.
"That is not the way you greet your mother." She said.
"My mother died together with my father. I will repeat, what are you doing in here?"
Her smile vanished. The coldness in her face surfaced. This is the true Leticia, a cold-hearted woman.
"Who is that child in our estate?" Her eyes are now blazing.
"My estate... I am the rightful heir." I said.
"I am still the Lady Lightwood of Riverfield estate. And seeing a commoner in rug clothes is a disgrace in my status."
I narrowed my eyes and sit in front of her.
"You are no Lady Lightwood, madam. Whatever I do with my life, you are no part of it. Save your advice to yourself. Do not step in my estate again."
"I am still your mother." She replied. Eyes blazing with anger. Though I look like my father through and through, my eyes came from this woman.
"A mother will not abandon her child just because of selfish wants. You are not a mother to me. You are just the woman who brought me to my family." I replied with equal venom in my voice.

"I will not allow that woman who has nothing like your dear Princess will replace me as the Mistress of the house."
"You are no Mistress to any of the house here in Cordonia." I mocked her.
"I will destroy her." She said. "That girl who named Xykie. Even her name is cheap like her. A third world people trying to have a title and act like all mighty." Leticia is full of hatred in her life that I do not know what makes her happy these days.
"I will kill you if you do that," I said, only for her to hear. She smirked at me.
"You have feelings for her. That feeling will destroy you. That feeling will make you weak like your father."

I clenched my fist so I won't punch the woman in front of me.
"My father is an honorable man. Died because of you." I replied.
"He died because he is too weak to accept that he is old and can't make me happy." She pointed out.
"That woman is younger like me when I was with your father. She will replace you after ten years... When you are old and gray and can't perform in bed. And you, like your father, will be destroyed little by little. That woman is not for you, Henry."

"Not all woman is like you. You are the worst in your species." I stand up and didn't want to listen to her insults and hatred anymore.
"If my staff will see you in my estate, you will be shot. Let that be a reminder. You are not welcome to any of my property." I turned around and walked away from her.

I will not be affected by her words...for she is no good to me. If only I can choose a mother, I will not choose her. She destroyed my father when she went from bed to bed with different men just because my father was weak to take her to bed. And when my father saw her in bed with another man inside one of our spare rooms inside our house, my father asked for a duel for the sake of his honor. My father died in that duel... and my mother left with that man after he was buried. That man is our previous butler... the one that Morris replaced.

It's disgusting... looking at her... All the memories of that duel came back. How I begged her to interfere with that duel...for my father is too old for that... He was 60 years old at that time. And my mother? She was in her early thirties. Still young and very beautiful. She has this smile on her face when we heard the gun and I ran towards the dueling place only to see that my father is dead with a bullet on his head.

I lost my father because of my mother...and I never look at her again the same way.