Chapter 36- Je t'aime

Henry

"Ah, there you are, My Lord. You are awake, aren't you?" I saw Morris looking down at me when I open my eyes. My whole body is in fire and hurting.
"No...I'm dead," I replied sarcastically.
"You almost die I assure you. Broken ribs, bloated nose, split lips, bruises all over your body. I thought Mr. Kyle will just kill you with his bare hand."
"You sound happy about it, Morris."
"Oh, if I may be bold to say, you deserve it," Morris replied without stopping.

"Where am I?" I tried to look around then I saw Lucas sitting at the couch with a smug grin on his face.
"Surely this is no heaven, cousin." He replied.
"What the devil are you doing in here?" I barked.
"Just enjoying your idiotic scene. I must say, you outdone any sorry speech on the planet." Lucas is clearly enjoying my injuries and misery.
"You will have your time, you bloody bastard. I will prepare a feast for your misery when your time comes." I swore it. This man should learn in a very hard way.
"And you will never have that feast in my name I assure you." He answered confidently.

I doubt... Let see Lucas...

The door opened and Sir Kyle walked inside with a woman who looks like Xykie but an older version.

"So, you are still alive..." He said mockingly. The woman, who I think is Xykie's mother is staring at me.
"I'm afraid I am, Sir," I replied.
"I should have talked to my niece to put a formalin solution to you instead of IV." He replied. I doubt he is joking about it for he looks bloody serious.
"What do you want Henry?" Xykie's mom asked.
"I want to speak to your daughter, ma'am.."
"And then what? I have a clear picture that the things between the two of you have been ended."
"Not in my part, Ma'am. For there are things that I need to confess with her."
"I conclude that men, in general, are stupid when it comes to facing the reality." She gave me and her husband a pointed look.
"Don't you think that giving a chance to a woman to decide for themselves and not deciding for them will cause us less trouble and less injury in your part?" Now I know where Xykie gets her wisdom in words.
"Yes, I agree with you on that part," I replied. She nod...
"My daughter is a wise woman so do not mock her by deciding for herself what's good for her. You are not her parents to do that." She reprimands me like a child.
"I understand," I said.
"And one more thing, I hate that tongue of your mother. For if she speaks ill again with my daughter, I will fly the first flight to your country and slit her sharp tongue." The warning is there.
"We have a mutual feeling towards my mother, that I can assure you."
"Good. Now that I said my piece, I have a meeting to attend." She smiled at her husband but stare at me sharply.
"Kyle, ayaw kong ilabas ka ng kulungan dahil nakapatay ka ng dayuhan." She said.
"Buhay pa siya, babe. Huwag kang mag-alala." He replied.

Xykie's mother left while her father stayed.

"You still can fight?" Sir Kyle slightly tilted his head.
"I still won't fight you, Sir. Xykie loves you so much and I respect you."

"Dad?..." It was Xykie that made Sir Kyle's deadly stare change.
"Hi, baby girl." He greeted his daughter who has a confused look on her face.
"Are trying to murder him, again?" She meant as a joke but it sounds like it's not.
"I am trying not too." He replied.
"Can I talk to him?" He asked his father.
"Certainly, My Lady. I shall leave this room and wait outside." Morris immediately left the room. Lucas on the other hand still linger and waited for Sir Kyle to leave before he stands up and gave a salute to Xykie.

"You look horrible." She said. Not that I don't feel that way.
"Xykie.." Now that she is here, I don't know where to start.
"I get that you were here to talk to me. I only have limited time as you can see, my parents are strict." She shrugged.
"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you. It was an act, Xykie. I swear I didn't touch that woman you saw..." Xykie's face changed... She looked angry and looks like she has her father's temper after all.
"Katarantaduhan mo... You mean to say it was staged?" She growled. She just curses...this is bad.
"Yes... I'm sorry. Really, I do. I was trying to protect you and I thought I can live just looking at you from afar. But you left and I... got scared..." I'm building and don't know if I'm making any sense.
"De putain." She cursed again, now in French.
"Love...please..." I tried to sit up and my ribs were protesting.
"You lay down, you bloody fool. Lay down or I will tie you." She barked out loud and I am sure that Morris is listening thru the keyhole.
"You were not protecting me you bastard..." She shouted on my face.
"You were protecting yourself and you hurt me in the process." She paced around the room. I imagine Morris is laughing behind that close door.
"That is what I did, and I am really sorry my love. I was weak to face the future so I pushed you away and run. And I am sorry if it would make you feel better I haven't sleep and eaten at all since the day you left. I am scared that... that you will leave me as my mother did to my father and I can't live with that thought..."
"De puta..." She's creative with swearing. She stops in front of me. Eyes blazing with fury.
"Give me a name."
"Name of what?"
"Yung putang-inang babae na sumayaw sa harapan mo." She barked.
"Love, she is just an entertainer... I swear I didn't touch her."
She narrowed her eyes...
"I don't know. It was Morris who contacted her. I swear I don't know."
Her nose is flaring... Still, her mouth is in thin line.
"I'll do anything to win you back. I tasted life without and I don't want to be there again. Please, tell me what to do." I begged her. If only I can kneel again I would. But since I am in pain, I stayed laying just like what she said.
Xykie exhales deeply. "I don't know, Henry. I don't know how to undo that scene on my head. And to just turn this hurt feelings into something other than this ugly pain. I want to trust you, but you have to prove to me that I can trust you again."
"I understand. I will wait for you, my love. I won't give up on this fight."
Even though she declines me now, that doesn't mean she doesn't have feelings for me anymore, right?
She steps back and waves at me. She will go...and I don't want her to go...
"Xykie."
She looks at me and waited for what will I say.
"Je t'aime" I said loud enough for her to hear.
She nods but didn't reply. Did she understand what I said? Did she?