Chapter 34- The Vow

Henry

"You look like you are about to puke," William said to me taunting.
"Shut up," I replied. The car that collects us at the airport is now entering the Country Clubs' gate.
"Tigilan mo na." Jacqueline warned her husband. "He already looks miserable and you still need to taunt him."

"I will try my best to summon Xykie but I doubt if Tito Kyle didn't see us entered the gate. Just be prepared." Jackie reminds me. I nod at her.

"Shit..." Jackie said after she returns her eyes on the road.
We follow her line of sight and saw a big bike coming towards us. The car stops and we are in the middle of the park. Some cars following the bike. Jacqueline alight from the car faster and we followed. The big bike stops a few meters away from us. A man who has the coldest eyes that I saw and an unreadable face climbs down from Harley.

"Tito Kyle," Jacqueline said. She went to the guy who is looking at me with murderous eyes. Jacqueline kiss on his cheek. One by one, cars stop and few people came down and went to Jackie and Xykie's father. I saw Sir Ace was one of them.
"Tito, he is here not to make a scene," Jacqueline said.
"Tabi...Jack." He said.
"Kyle..." Sir Ace called to the guy.
"Kailan ka pa naging diplomatic, Jack? Tabi! " Sir Kyle looked at Jacqueline and Jackie lower her eyes and step aside. William went beside her and Morris run beside William.

"Do you know me?" Sir Kyle asked.
"Yes, Sir," I replied. Sir Kyle tilted his head.
"You hurt the wrong daughter." He said so cold it makes me shiver inside. I didn't see him move but I felt his fist on my face. I felt my lips split up. I am taller than him and way bigger in built but he made me stumbled to the ground.
"Walang aawat." He shouted and nobody moves from the corner. They are all watching.
I haven't fully recovered from his punch when I receive another and another from him. A kick on my ribs that made me cry in pain. He is only using his fist but I feel like he is using metal to punch me.

"Fight back..." He said to me.
"I won't," I replied and he punches me again until I am kneeling on the ground. Blood dripping on my face. My ribs are probably broken.

"Dad... tama na po." In the middle of that chaos and pain, I heard her voice. And I look up and I see her worried face. She is preventing her father's fist to hit me again.
"Xykie," I said her name like a prayer.
I tried to stand up even though my body is protesting with pain.

Sir Kyle put his body between me and his daughter. My right eye is already closed and I can't breathe properly because of the blood that clogs my nose. Before I can reach her, I need to reach her father first. And if this is the payment that I need just to bring her back to my life, then I will lay my life on her father's feet.

A Knight's vow is the most honorable... A promise for a lifetime... So I did what I needed to do. I kneel on one knee. Bow my head to Xykie and put my right fist into my heart. I heard a gasp from William and Morris.
"No..." Jacqueline stopped me but I need Xykie more than my life.

"I, Henry Lightwood, the last Knight of Cordonia, do vow to you Lady Xykie that from this day forward, I will be forever in your mercy as your knight. I am here to strip my own capacity to hurt you further from what I did. From this day, in the presence of the Crown Prince, I am at yours to command. I vow to give my life to you until my last dying breath, in the name of my ancestors and my honor."

"My daughter doesn't need someone who will die for her. She needs someone who will live and protect her. If you are not that one... stand up and leave." Sir Kyle said.
"Can you stand up, Henry?" I heard Xykie asked so I stand up despite my dizziness.
"Oh, Lord... Medic." She shouted.
"On the way." Someone answered back.
"What have you done?" She asked. Her face looks scared behind her father's cold stare.

"What did he do?" She asked someone.
"He basically gave up his life to you. If you tell him to kill himself, he will do it." I heard Lucas replied. I looked at his way and surely found him smirking, while William was stunned.

I swayed a little and tried to stand up.
"You idiot... stay on the ground." Sir Kyle hissed. But Xykie said to stand up, didn't she?
"Medic..." Xykie shouted again before I lose my balance and my mind went blank.