Chapter 16- Wicked

Lucas

For once I saw Henry's life turned upside down... Thanks to Xykie.

One look at his angry face and I know he is jealous. Whether he admits it or not, he fell for the kid.

"I am warning you, Lucas." He said. His vein on her neck is visible and he is turning red with anger.
"No need for that. But thanks anyway." I replied.
"Do not... compromise her." He said in my face.
"Your threats are out of place, Henry. Xykie is an adult. Whatever we do is none of your concern."I acted like a pissed guy who is ready to fight him.

Henry is taller than me...way broader than me. He looks like a mountain with a nimbus cloud on his head.

"The hell it's not." He answered. Does he hear what he is saying? Does he know what he is doing?

"Hey... okay lang kayo?" I heard Xykie. I gave me a friendly smile.
"Well, you look lovely," I said.
"Thanks." She replied.

Henry is looking at us. And I hide my smile.

"Take her home at 2 pm." He said. I almost laugh...Almost.
"4 pm." I countered.
"3 pm...final," Henry said.
"Who are you? Her dad?" I asked him.
"Okay...guys... 3 pm... tapos ang usapan." Xykie put herself in the middle.

"Yung dinner... huwag mong kakalimutan." She said to Henry.
"See you later."

I enclosed my hand into hers and tugged her towards the door. I can't help it...The cool, always in line, always in order Henry is now in disarray. I'll be damned if I will not rub some of this on his face. Just to get even with him.

"Magkaway ba kayo ni Henry?" Xykie asked when we are driving away. I saw Henry is standing in his doorway from my rear mirror. I chuckled.
"Cousin rivalry," I replied.
"I didn't know...na magpinsan kayo."
"It's an old bloodline. He is not in the succession of the thrown." I replied. Gauging her reaction.
"Looks like. He does not even like to be called an Earl." She replied.
"Does it bother you?" I asked.
"Huh? Ang alin?"
"That he will not be a King someday," I replied honestly. Xykie laughs at what I said.
"He can be a bloody farmer for all I care. It's not the title that I am after. It's him. Do I make sense?" Nakakunot na tanong niya.

Bloody fucking Henry... He found a gem. He will be a fucking bastard if he will let her go.

"Yes... It makes sense." I answered.
"So, what's this cousin rivalry and it looks like you are having fun taunting him?"
I chuckled... "It's an old wound. When we were young, Henry is the favorite one. The one who does not know how to make mistakes... The one who has the ambition to be a Knight."
"So what's wrong with that?"
"He is a fucking traditional... I can't even compare my grades to him. He is an A student. My father always compare him to me, you see." I was laughing while telling her that.
"Is this your kind of revenge?" She asked. Arms crossed over her breast.
"Well, I am just having fun poking on his not so organize world today."
She rolled her eyes. "Unbelievable. Then you are calling me a child when you are the one making childish things."
"Hey... it's fun. Not every day I can see him looking like he is about to explode." I said on my defense.

After we ate our lunch, I tour Xykie in my manor. We are laughing at my ancestor's paintings that are hanging on the wall.
"Geez, hot-tempered runs through your family." She said while chuckling and pointing at the previous Duke from the 17th century.

And then she beat me...beat me on play station...on every...fucking...game. At around 2:30 pm, my butler knocks at the entertainment room and gave me a note...from Henry. I chuckled and ask my butler to go.

"I better take you home. Your...uhmmm... Uncle is reminding me of the time." I said.
"Last one." She takes the controller and we finish our last game. I win this time.

"For the love of Moses, Xykie. Do not tell Henry what we did." I told her.
"Why, Your Grace? Cause I beat you on your game?" She asked mocking.
"Yes...and by Gods, woman...do not act like you are excited to marry him," I said to her.
"As if it's not true." She replied.
I laugh and led her out of the room.
"Just...play your cards...nicely," I advised her.