Promise

DeAnn walked around waiting for the Queen to return for their weekly tea. According to her Gran's PA the Queen had to take care of matters involving the Prince of Wales and Prince William.

"Sorry I kept you waiting dear."

"No problem. Is the matter resolved?" DeAnn asked picking up a picture of her in a white dress with angel wings on and her mother Diana Princess of Wales stood next to her

"Yes lucky." The Queen replied walking over to her. "That was the most memorable Christmas play the church has ever held."

"I remember crying that I want to be an angel while everyone else wanted me to be Mary." DeAnn replied while rolling her eyes.

"At the end you got your way." The Queen laughed.

"Only because of Eugenie didn't want to be the Angel. She wanted to be Mary." The two had a laugh at that.

DeAnn placed the photo back down.

"I can't believe you kept that photo."

"It is one of my favorite photo's."

"Even with my mum in it."

"Especially because she is in the photo. That is the only way I could keep a photo of her around without offending your father or Camila." The Queen replied pouring the two of them some tea.

"I wish she was her sometimes. Just to have watched my brother's and I grow up and to have met her grandchildren. They would have loved her." Then she took a deep breath and continued. "Then other times I'm so glad she passed away so she couldn't see the way the world turned out. She would have been so disappointed in the way the world is right now." She said shaking her head at the thought of her mother seeing what the world is like right now.

"Only the best die young." The Queen remind her granddaughter.

"Somehow there are always children losing their parents." DeAnn sigh. "Gran I have to ask you something."

"Go ahead."

"If I, if I where to pass before you. Would you make sure my children are well taken care of."

"Nonsense you are not passing before me."

"I gave William and Kate custody of the kids and I know that they will take great care of them. However they have children of their own and I know sometimes it's going to feel like they are choosing sides to my kids. I want you to promise that if you see something you don't think is right. I want you to speak up. It's written that that you have the final say in big decision and if you pass on its up to Roman's mother Joslin."

"I don't want to talk about this."

"Just promise me." DeAnn said looking into the Queen's blue eyes with her own.

"I promise."

"See now was that so hard. On to other matters have you met Harry's new girlfriend yet." The Queen laughed at her granddaughter she really was something else.