6

Athena Elle Carter

After months and months of designing, editing, picking venues, declining models, choosing fabrics. I was finally here.

My very own show. I was truly saddened, the one job I had and loved would be gone from my life after today. All my memories there, from my first day with Elliot, my first complaint about the coffee, meeting Erica, staying up late and going to all these events, I'd never forget any of that. It all helped me move on and discover myself as a person.

"Oh you look so beautiful" Erica walks over to me her hand over her mouth. I had chosen to wear a white cropped tee with a pink miniskirt matching my blazer, I had actually made it myself when I made my first line.

We were backstage and I was adding final touches and looking around the venue before anyone arrived. "Is anyone here yet?" I ask her.

"All the team is here just models are arriving now then doors open in an two hours" she tells me.

"This is truly amazing Athena, I'm proud of you" she hugs me. "I'm gonna miss this" I try to keep my voice steady.

"You know I won't forget you, you're the godmother to my kids Athena" she laughs. "I know" I nod.

"I don't want to cry" I chuckle. "So can we focus on something else" I say walking to the makeup and hair area looking to see very one busy. "Sure, how about you do your checks and stuff. I have to take care of something" she leaves me quickly.

I walk around meeting everyone and taking pictures. I had gotten the best models and best artists for my show so I was pleased with everything. After two hours of checking up on everyone and getting my own makeup done everything was ready.

"Miss Carter, Erica needs you near the curtain" I get told by someone in a headset. I quickly walk over and she moves my body so I can peek around the curtain.

"Holy fuck" I curse under my breath. "All those people" I say in disbelief. I saw my family sat front row which made me feel proud. I scanned the rest of the crowd seeing a few familiar faces then I see someone who was not on the guest list.

"What is he doing here!" I ask through gritted teeth trying to stay calm. Erica looks Where I am and mumbles a "shit".

"You're not focusing on Shawn or why he's here with that rat" she tells me turning away. "This is your show! Not his. Now stay calm" she says gently. I take deep breathes then turn to the lead producer.

"Should we start the show Miss Carter?" I get asked.

"Start the show" I nod nervously. I look at the large tv on the wall which showed the stage.

The lights flickered off then on again and it all went silent. Then a video began playing.

I expected it to be the behind the scenes but it wasn't. It was more of a montage, a montage of me and my journey with empire Zane. I began tearing up when pictures of me and family flashed in the screen when they had visited, then when I first met the whole team.

By now I was letting out tears. Then the screen went black and flashes to a video of me.

"I'm Athena Elle Carter, presenting" I did a fake drum roll. "Empire Zane!" I shout and then screen turns black and flashes in big writing .

ATHENA X EMPIRE.

I remember that day so clearly. We were in the office after I just found out I was having my own show and I began acting it all out making everyone laugh.

"Now presenting Ariana Grande!" An automated voice says. Her performance was beautiful, she sang No Tears Left To Cry as I requested it. I had to watch the whole performance whilst getting my makeup redone since I was crying.

Once Ariana was done the models began walking out. All wearing my designs. I smiled looking out through the curtain and when the models would walk past me I hugged each one.

This was definitely a bitter sweet moment.

The last three models walked behind the curtain and we all cheered loudly and hugs and congratulations were being thrown around.

"Okay Athena, your turn" sam comes over to me. "You got this" someone squeezes my shoulder. I turn around seeing Yvette. I give her the biggest hug ever.

"I'm proud of you Athena" she tells me as I move back. A smile not leaving my face.

"Thank you for everything" I tell her.

She gives my shoulder a squeeze then I brace myself to walk out there.

"Okay 3,2 and 1" I get tapped on the shoulder and I begin walking out.

Everyone got up and began clapping and cheering for me. I placed a hand on my heart blowing kisses and waving to everyone. When I reached the end of the stage I was given a mic.

I looked at my family giving them all a smile. Before I began talking I scanned the crowd and my eyes met with Shawn's. My eyes began getting watery. He shot me that stupid perfect smile then I looked away.

"Hi everyone" I began shakily. "I want to start by saying thank you" I look around at everyone. "Thank you to every person from my boss, Sam to the first person who believed in me Yvette Zane to the friends I made along the way to every person I've worked with and to all who've inspired me. Thank you" i quickly wipe my tear looking down breathing deeply.

"And erm this was my dream to be a designer and I got to live it which I'll forever be thankful for but this won't be the end I'll still carry on and I want to thank Empire Zane for giving me a head start" my voice cracks.

"And I'm not going to say anymore because- because I don't want to cry" I laugh sadly.

"So thank you everyone for coming tonight" I put the mic down looking around one last time. Everyone gets up clapping then I turn around seeing everyone I've worked with there.

I walk back to Erica hugging her as I cry.

"That was beautiful" she whispers to me.