50

"Thanks for the ride" I say. "No worries babe, stay for dinner okay? Lucas is out with his brothers" Erica says as we walk into her place, she put Faye down in her high seat as we entered the kitchen.

"So any news?" She asks me.

"I'm pregnant" I blurt out. She turns around pulling me into a hug of happiness, I start crying on her shoulder and when she realises she holds me closer rubbing my back.

"You don't want to be pregnant?" She asks not letting go. "I don't know" I mumble.

"Is it Shawn's?" She asks. "Yeah"

"He doesn't want the baby does he?" She pulls back and takes my hands then her eyes widen. "Oh Athena" she pulls me back into a hug without saying a word.

We stay like this for a few minuets then Faye started crying. Erica pulls back and picks up Faye as I sit down.

"Who broke it off?" She asks as she puts Faye on her hip. "Erm... it wasn't real. I didn't know that until he told me that night. Now I'm pregnant" I say. She nods sitting opposite me.

"Have you told anyone?" She asks. "Leon know and so do Sam and my mum"

"How'd they take it?" She asks. "That hate me, told me to leave" I shrug trying to act like it didn't effect me. "And Shawn?" She asks.

"I don't know. I showed him the test and went to my parents hoping they'd be on my side or at least help me or just something but they didn't" I shrug.

"Have you eaten today?" She asks. I shake my head no. "You have a baby in there Athena, you need to look after yourself" She sighs getting up going to the fridge. "Can you hold Faye?" She asks. I nod taking hold of her and she starts giggling which put a small smile on her face.

"Hi darling" I kiss her nose and she immediately grabs my face. "You're gorgeous" I tell her and she starts babbling back to me.

"Do you want this?" Erica asks me. I look down at Faye nodding. "I do want this, I just wish it wasn't like this" I say.

"Athena, I think Shawn really does love you. It's just that sometimes we do shitty things and have no intention of hurting anyone but we do. And I know you love him, I know you want a life with him and sometimes the universe does things to make us realise it. This baby just ties you with Shawn now, like you're meant to be" she walks over putting a plate of fruit in front of me. "Eat that whilst I make some dinner" she tells me.

I take a small strawberry giving it to Faye and I take one myself.

-
"Athena?" Erica asks. I hum a yes as I keep my focus on Faye as she plays with my necklace.

"You need to talk to Shawn" she says and the doorbell goes off and she stands up. "I know" I mumble.

She walks away and soon walks back in.

"Can't you leave me alone?" I ask when I see Shawn walks in behind her. "I just wanna talk to you Athena" he sighs. Erica gently takes Faye from me.

"I'm doing this because I care about you" she tells me then she walks away upstairs.

Shawn sits beside me and tugs his jacket off. I keep my eyes set on the wall ahead not wanting to even look at him.

"Athena, can you at least look at me?" He asks. When I don't reply he lets out a sigh. "Fine" he sounded defeated.

"That baby is mine too, I'm going to be here every step and you can't stop me-"

"Who said I was going to do that? I'm not that cruel" I scoff in anger. "I know, I just want you to know I'm happy about the baby." He says.

I look over at him, yes he was still undeniably handsome which didn't help at all.

"I bet you're happy. This baby will boost your career" my words laced with sarcasm. "How could you say that? I'm gonna love that baby more than anything" he says, inching closer to me.

I stay silent having no idea what to say.

"We're going to have to play this engagement off for a while" he sighs. "A while? I have to walk around pregnant and engaged to you, then we just break it off?" I ask in disgust. I was simply getting used and it's like he didn't realise.

"Then What do you want to do? You're the one who's doesn't want to marry me. Do you want to get married?" He scoffs.

"I did" I shoot back. "I told you that I only wanted you, I told you that in the future we could get married and have children but you ruined it" my words were harsh but it was the truth.

As he goes to open his mouth I quickly get up running to the bathroom as I throw up the little food I had eaten. I feel Shawn come behind me. He places a delicate  hand on my back and pulls my hair back.

"You're okay" he whispers in a comforting manner. I move away flushing the toilet then sit against the wall with my head in my hands.

"It's not okay" I whimper, on the verge of crying. "We're fake engaged. I'm pregnant whilst I have no where to live. I'm not going to have time to work. My family hate me. And I'm with someone who doesn't love me. I'm having a fucking baby with you Shawn" I spit the last part out of anger.

He moves my hands facing me with teary eyes.

"I do love you Athena, I'm never going to stop" he tells me. "And I'm your family now, I'm not going to hurt you and-and you can move back in with me. We can do this" he says.

"Don't you get it?" I ask, sniffling as hot tears ran down my face.

"I don't love you Shawn. You did such a horrible thing, you clearly don't love me if you could that"

"No... don't say that. We were going to get married anyway, why not just do it now?" He asks taking my hand in his. "Because you ruined it! You got paid to propose to me. It ruins the purpose of it. You have to fully want it, you just did it because people told you to" I argue back, the rage in me was on fire.

"I want a family with you. I told you that, I want children as soon as possible. Isn't it a good thing that we're having baby? And I did want to marry you, I always will want you and it doesn't matter to me how it was done, my intention was always be the same and that was to marry you" he says gently, completely ignoring how angry I am. He just stays quiet as he keeps his eyes on me then he finally moves a little then puts a hand on my cheek.

"I love you Athena Elle, I really do even though you can't see it. I'm sorry for being so selfish and putting myself first but from now on I'm going to be honest with you, I'm going to be only thinking about you and the baby. You're the only things that are important to me" he says pulling me into a hug. I felt so weak that I couldn't objectify.

Instead he just held me tightly.