76

Shawn Mendes

When I woke up this morning the first thing I did was just admire Athena. Like I used to do almost three years ago.

Her hands were under the pillow as she slept on her stomach, legs spread wide going over my leg. Her thick hair sprawled all over the pillow. Body adorned with silk pyjamas. I moved closer, my arms wrapping around her waist. I couldn't help it. I wanted to be close to her.

"Hmmm" She lets out trying to get away but I keep her close letting out a chuckle when her face scrunches up in annoyance that I had disturbed her.

"What is it?" She rasps tucking her head into my neck. Her lips brushing my skin delightfully. "Merry Christmas" I kiss the top of her head.

"Merry Christmas" she hums. "Is that all?" She chuckles tiredly.

"It's our first proper Christmas together after a long time"

Athena moves a little to look up at me. Her tired eyes shining beautifully. "And Haze's first" she smiles.

"It's perfect, right?"

She nods leaning into me. Her lush, pink lips pressing against mine. "Are we still going to your parents?" She asks. I nod pulling her in for another kiss. I promised myself I wouldn't ruin today. It was just last year that we were arguing over children on Christmas Day and now we have one. We're in love. Living in Canada.

"Let me go check on hazey" she yawns so adorably. "Just leave it, he's probably still asleep because of all the crying he did last night" I say.

"Yeah I know but let me go see" She scoots out of my grip. I'm quick to pull her back though. "I'll go, you stay here" I tell her. She nods happily getting back in our warm bed. "Bring him here, I wanna cuddle with my boys"

My heart skips a beat at her words. I felt completely filled with joy.

-
After eating the Christmas dinner mum had made we all retired to the living room. Everyone watching Haze simply giggle which he had just learnt how to do, he couldn't crawl yet, I mean he's only a month old but he loves to roll on to his back and just giggle. 

Athena walks in from having gone to the bathroom and she falls into my arms making me huff. "I'm stuffed" she leans into me.

I hold her dearly kissing her temple. "Me too but I could do with some dessert" I tell her cheekily but she doesn't catch on. "Hmm I think Karen has some cake" she replies looking up at me.

"I'd rather have you" I wink at her. Her lips gape open in shock. "You can" she says quietly. We hadn't been initiating sex since our talk when her parents came but I knew that sooner or later we'd be all over each other.

"Yeah?" I ask giddily. "Hmm don't get too excited and only if Haze falls asleep quickly" she says turning back around. "Oh I'm excited" I say in her ear and I see her cheeks blush making me smile happily.

"Athena, I think he's gonna cry" Aaliyah quickly hands Athena haze. His bottom lip quivering but he almost immediately stops when Athena holds him securely.

"Hi bubba" she coos, her index finger bopping his tiny noise. His small arms waft towards her so she holds him so he's face to face with her. His big brown eyes looking so adorable.

"I just wanna eat him up, he's so gorgeous, aren't you love?" Her voice goes higher as she brings him closer, their noses touching then she pulls him back making him smile so cutely.

"He is absolutely adorable" I say using my hand to rub over his tummy. He kicks his small legs giggling, my heart swells for my son. The most adorable and precious child ever.

"Hey hazey" I coo. Athena brings him closer and his small hand hits her cheek. "No hitting mummy" I warn him playfully. Athena giggles, peppering his face in kisses.

"I don't want him to grow up" she says with a sad tone to her voice. "Me either but we can just have more babies" I say without thinking. She looks up at me with a smug smile.

"You want more?" She asks, her brows raising. "Hmm of course I do" I say honestly. "Do you?"

"Yeah" she nods. I press my lips against her and suddenly Haze squeals. Athena pulls back, unfortunate for me and she gives her attention to Haze.

"He steals all your attention" I complain, squinting my eyes at Haze but he ignores me as Athena kisses his cheeks. "Because he's my baby" she says happily.

"Are we giving presents now?" Karen asks. "Sure" I nod. "First Haze" Aaliyah quickly grabs a few gifts.

"You're so spoilt, look at all these presents" Athena tells Haze. In response he attempts to stick his fist into his mouth. "No" I tell him off moving his hand.

Me and Athena open up all of Haze's gifts but he ends up being more interested in the wrapping paper than the endless amounts of teddies and toys he got.

"Yours now" Athena tells me. She keeps Haze close to her chest and hands me two boxes. "Go on" she urges.

I unwrap them messily, the first was a Gucci black backpack that I had been meaning to get and the second was a black box. I open it up carefully revealing a silver necklace with a circle pendant. "Turn it" She says. I turn it around and it had a voice note etched on and small writing below it saying 'I love you'.

"Do you like it?" She asks. I nod feeling my eyes water. "Yeah I do" I lean towards her and she pulls me into a secure hug kissing my cheek softly. "I love you too" I whisper in her ear. 

Athena pulls back wiping my cheek with the pad of her thumb. "Your turn now" I move and pass her the gifts. She hands haze over to me as she starts unwrapping them.

"Shawn" she gasps. Her small hand taking out the Cartier box, I light up at her facial expression as she opens it up to two Cartier love bracelets.

"They're so pretty" she smiles up at me. She leans over pecking my lips. "And the other one" I tell her, it filled me with complete joy seeing her so smiley.

She quickly tears at the wrapping paper revealing a velvet blue box which she opens and I watch as her eyes tear up. "Oh my god I'm gonna cry" she quickly wipes her cheek.

It was a gold ring with the initials H.M for Haze and S.M for me. I thought she wouldn't like it but she clearly did. I take the ring slipping it on next to her sparkly engagement ring.

"Come here" I tell her. I put Haze down on the play mat and put my arms out for her to crawl on to my lap. "I love you" she mumbles kissing my cheek. I hear my parents awe at us making my face heat up.

"I love you too" i kiss the top of her head.

___
Close to the end :(