30

Athena Elle Carter

"She's been asleep for ages" Shawn says getting up, he looks over the crib looking down at Faye.

"She didn't wake up all night either" I say getting up beside Shawn. "Should we wake her up?" Shawn asks. "No!" I hit his arm.

"But-"

Shawn's phone began to ring loudly, Faye wriggles around and her eyes open. "You woke her up" I hit him again. "Sorry love, gotta take this" He kisses the top of my head then walks to my bedroom.

"Hi Faye" I smile down at her. Her mouth opens wide letting out a yawn. "You hungry lovely?" I picked her up gently cradling her in my arms.

I grabbed her bottle heating it up then sat down feeding her. I took a picture and sent it to Erica then continuing feeding the hungry baby.

Shawn then came inside huffing. "I gotta go meet Andrew" he says standing in front of me with hands on his hips. "That's fine" I tell him looking up. "In Canada" he finishes.

"Oh" I nod. "Don't be upset darling" He sits beside me. "I'm not. Well I mean I am because I'll miss you but if you have to go that's okay"

I move the feeder from Faye then sit her up. "I'll be back within a week"

"And you'll be back before you know it" I chuckle. "I know" he leans down and kisses my temple.

"I'm gonna pack love, my flight is apparently in like two hours" he gets up sighing then walks away.

"Just me and you now Faye" I tell her and she giggles waving her hands. "I hope my child is as happy as you" I chuckle. She gives me a toothless smile, I lean in smothering her face in kisses. I knew she wasn't mine but I loved her.

"Okay come say bye to me love" Shawn walks in, he had his coat and shoes on and he dropped his bag that he kept here at mine.

I put Faye down in her chair then stand up wrapping my arms around Shawn. I breathe in deeply as I nuzzle into the crook of his neck.

"I'll miss you Athena" he rubs my back. "I'll miss you too" I mumble.

"Next time we can go together, see my family" he says. I pull back nodding then lean up meeting his lips in a hot kiss. He pulls back slightly grazing my lips then his tongue licks up mine then his soft lips go around my tongue then he pulls back all whilst looking into my eyes.

"That was hot" I whisper. "I've got more tricks up my sleeves babe" he winks.

"You'll have to show me when you're back" I then lean in again pressing his lips against mine.

"I'll call you every night" he kisses my forehead. "You better" I tell him. "I promise" he grabs his bag then winks at me. "I love you Shawn" I tell him following him to the door.

"I love you more Athena" he gives me one last kiss then leaves.

I let out a sigh then pick up Faye putting her on my lap. A tear trickles down my cheek, I sniffle then wipe it away.

"I miss uncle Shawn" I say to Faye even though I know I won't get an answer. "I know it won't be long but I can still miss him. I want him with me all the time. We've been apart for three years Faye, three. I don't want him to leave" I say.

"I'm afraid too. What if he leaves me? He finds out that I'm not the same girl he loved? Then it's over" my mind dives into the dark thoughts.

"Then I'll be alone Faye. He's my person, I can't loose him. I don't ever look at anyone else, ever. I never will, I've experienced life with him and yes there's ups and downs but I love him" I sigh.

I look down seeing Faye had fallen asleep. I lean back then pick her up so she's sleeping on my chest. Then we both fall asleep.