48

"Hey I'm gonna head out real quick, do you need anything?" Leon asks me. "Nah I'm good" I shake my head.

"Are you sure? You're going to be living here until you find a new place" he says. "Okay fine, bring some pomegranates and tampons... oh shit" I quickly get up running my hands through my hair.

"What?" Leo asks urgently. "Tampons! Holy fuck my period" I begin to panic.  "Hey, hey calm down. Come here" Leo takes my hands sitting me down quickly.

"Shh" he rubs my arm up and down as I begin to hyperventilate.

"I- I can't have a baby with him" I mumble, tears pouring out of my eyes. "Listen to me Athena, when was the last time you had sex?" He asks me.

"Right before the show" I tell him.

"Okay... I'm going to the store, I'm going to get a few pregnancy tests and you're going to stay here and keep calm okay?" He asks me.

I nod wiping my eyes. "Leon?"

He hums a yes. "What if I'm pregnant?" I ask.

"Then we'll deal with it, you've got this Athena. I know you do" he leans into me giving me a tight hug. A hug that said we're gonna be alright. 

-
I paced back and forth waiting for Leon. I just simple couldn't stop crying. The thought of being pregnant scared me and it was obviously going to be Shawn's baby but I just couldn't have a baby with him. He's done nothing but hurt me.

I soon get pulled from my thoughts when a loud knocking from the door makes me shiver. I walk over opening it. "God you took your time- for gods sake" I cut myself off when Shawn looks directly at me.

"What do you-"

"Were you crying?" He cuts me off placing a soft hand on my cheek wiping my cheeks. For a second I forgot it all, his skin was on mine and it felt so good. I blink away my tears and move his hand away.

"What do you want?" I ask him. "I want to talk, civilly. I want to explain and give you my reasons Athena. If you love me or loved me you'll hear me out" he says gently. "You're manipulating me" I mumble.

He walks past me sitting down on the sofa. I follow shutting the door. He had me under some sort of spell.

"We were doing so good Shawn... I don't understand why you would destroy it for such selfish reasons" I start.

"I was going to tell you Athena"

"You told me after you did it. You made me believe that you loved me so much that you wanted forever but all you wanted was money and a bit of attention" I shoot back.

"I did love you! Dammit I still do but you're not listening! I love you Athena and you said you loved me, if you love me you'd do anything for us right? I know I'd do it for you" he says with clear frustration.

"Do anything?" I scoff bitterly. "If you had just told me, told what you're going through, I could've helped you but- but faking a proposal, getting paid to ask me to marry you in front of everyone, the biggest night of my career, my dad was in the hospital and you put yourself in front of me... I'm not saying I always need to be first at all but you didn't even think about how this would effect me" I tell him sighing.

Before he says anything Leon walks in "I got the test" he throws the box and it hits Shawn's head making me laugh a little. I quickly grab the box before he see it.

"Fuck" Leon mumbles. "Test?" Shawn asks.

"Erm did I say test? I meant- I meant breast" Leon blurts out.

"Athena" Shawn looks at me dead in the eyes. "What?" I ask. "It's a pregnancy test isn't it?" He asks. 

I move my hands showing him.

"Were you going to tell me?" He asks, his voice now quieter. I gulp looking away. "I didn't even consider the fact that I was pregnant until today" I tell him. "Mine?" He asks.

"Obviously" I shrug. "Go" he tells me gently.

I get up going to the bathroom with shaky hands. Everything was at stake; my career would have to be put on hold for the baby, my parents would go ballistic, Shawn would have to stick around and I don't know if I want him near me.

"You good?" Leon asks. "Erm yeah hold on" I say back. After I peed on the stick I put it down and leaned against the wall waiting. Soon I felt tears in my eyes. I wanted to experience pregnancy with someone who loves me and I love them, yes I still love Shawn, feeling don't just vanish overnight but this was different. We had no trust between us, how were we supposed to raise another human when we were still acting like children ourselves.

I quickly wipe my eyes and grab the stick. I didn't know how to feel. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. I break down crying hysterically, my body goes down the wall and I bring my knees up and cry.

"Athena? Baby open the door" Shawn says gently. I wanted nothing more that to just vanish right now. He was playing with my feelings.

I get up slowly opening the door meeting with Shawn's eyes. I shove the pregnant test towards his chest making him hold it then before he could say anything I slip on my slides and walk out.