34

Athena Elle Carter

"Oh don't you look divine" Shawn wraps his arms around me. "You're too kind" I turn in his arms holding his hands.

"I like this shirt... can't wait to take it off" I smirk at him. "I think I'm supposed to say that to you... love this dress baby but I'd love to see what's under it too" he winks at me.

"Oh you'll see" I chuckle. "Is anyone here yet?" I ask.

"Just a few of my friends" he shrugs. "Good" I lean up pressing my lips against him. He takes my hips sitting me down on the edge of the bed. I briefly let go lying back and he hovers over me, my legs tangling behind his back. My dress hitched up and Shawn presses himself against me.

"Shawn" I hum on his lips. "Should I kick everyone out darling?" Hi shot lips leaving sloppy kisses down my chest. "Sounds good to me" I giggle running my hands down his back.

"Let me lock the door. We'll be quick" he winks at me getting up. He locks the door and immediately kneels between my legs pulling me towards him.

-
"I'm so glad you guys are back together" Brian tells me. "Yeah me too" I nod smiling.

"He literally can't stop looking at you right now. He's mentally undressing you" Jon says. I look over meeting eyes with Shawn. He sends me a wink then looks away.

"Does it feel weird? Being back with him?" Matt asks me. "It did at the start I guess, it wasn't awkward we just had a lot of talking to do as we did and now we're good" I says happily.

"So this is it?" Brian raises an eyebrow. "I hope so. I don't want anyone else" I shrug.

"Hey honey, I've came to save you" Shawn sits beside me wrapping his arm around my waist pulling me into him. I look up at him smiling and he pecks my lips.

"I'm gonna throw up" Jon gets up quickly leaving us along with the other boys.

I giggle placing my hand on Shawn's cheek, my thumb rubbing over his defined cheek bone. "You look handsome" I tell him meeting his stunning green eyes.

He smiles taking my hand. "You know so many people have told me how much we're meant for each other-"

I suddenly stop listening when I look past his shoulder seeing a group of people who I really wasn't expecting.

"Athena?"

I snap back looking at Shawn. "What happened?" He asks me. "Why did you invite Camille and Lilly and Myles and his wife?" I ask him setting into panic.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. I just told Andrew to invite anyone who regularly come to my parties-"

"So you always see them?" I ask.

"No babe, I don't throw that many parties and I don't even talk to them. Just tonight play nice" he takes a hold of my hand. "Play nice? Shawn they hate me" I chuckle nervously.

"I can't kick them out" he sighs. "I know you're too kind" I breath out putting my head on his shoulder. "I'll just have to deal with it I guess" I say looking down at our hands.

"I'm sorry Athena"

"It's okay. Maybe they won't even talk to me"

"Athena! Oh my god hi!" I look up seeing Lilly. Shawn nudges my side and I get up. "Hi" I smile at her. She pulls me into a long hug.

"It's been so long, how're you?" She asks me. "Good, I live in New York now" I tell her. Shawn stands beside me giving Lilly a small hi.

"Oh I know. You got up and left so quick but whatever life goes on" she chuckles.

Yeah life goes on.

"How about you? How is everything?" I ask her. "Good, I got married last year actually!" She shows me her ring. "Wow congratulations!" I exclaim.

"Yeah Shawn came to the wedding, you came to Myles' wedding too right?" Lilly asks Shawn.

I look up at him waiting for him answer.

"I did, it was great" Shawn nods softly not looking at me. I thought he hated Myles.

"Oh and Camille and Liam broke up, she cheated on him and he just lost it" Lilly tells me. "Woah I thought they'd be together for ages" I say acting shocked.

"I'm gonna grab a drink" Shawn says walking away. I nod and sit with Lilly. Maybe we could try again, try to be friends.

"Athena I'm sorry about the whole Camille and Shawn thing" Lilly sighs.

Camille and Shawn? Am I hearing correct.

"What thing?" I ask her. "Oh shit you didn't know" she looks at me with pity.

"What happened Lilly?" I ask. "Athena I can't" she shakes her head. "Please Lilly. I really want to try again with us. You're the only one who was there for me, please Lilly" I ask, I know it was wrong of me. It was in the past but my selfish heart wanted to know more.

"I'd love to be friends again Athena" Lilly sighs. "I hate to be the one telling you this but when you left for New York, I mean I know Shawn cheated on you because of all the rumours and stuff, he threw a party like the next day maybe to get drunk I don't know but he slept with Camille, that's why Liam broke up with her but the sad part is she wasn't bothered. She was just happy she fucked Shawn Mendes" Lilly explains.

This was a lot to take in.

"Did they do it again?" I ask afraid of the answer. "Maybe, like twice more" Lilly says sadly.

I nod looking away this was weird.

"Thanks Lilly" I look at her. "Here's my number, I hope we can get back in touch" I hand her my phone.

"Yeah definitely, Ethan is here too. We could talk for a bit" she smiles handing my phone back. "I'm just gonna head out for a bit if you wanna come" I ask her. She nods standing up with me and we make our way outside.

"How bout we stay in? It's kinda cold" Lilly says standing in front me but I already saw Shawn and Camille talking, laughing.

"Lets just leave does Ethan still smoke?" I ask her. "Yeah, he's here somewhere let's find him" she takes my hand.

I knew I'd regret this but I had an empty pit in my stomach. It all just felt weird, I felt confused.