69

Athena Elle Carter

Last night plays through my head. I don't know where I gathered the courage to ask him out tonight, maybe it was the fact he was drunk and I thought he would forget.

But he didn't. When I woke up he wasn't here but he left me a note.

To Athena and Hazey baby
Gone out real quick with Andrew but I'll be back for five so get ready for our date. Dress pretty, you always look pretty anyway. There's a dress on my bed please wear it
Love Shawn/dad :)

After I read the note I couldn't stop smiling. I got up putting the note in the box I had saved of our memories, I know it's sad but we had too many memories together to put to waste.

Whilst I put the note away my eye catches a gold chain. I hold it up and it was the one Shawn got me for Christmas, a gold Cartier heart necklace, it's been like four years now.

I put it on without thinking anything big of it and I go to his room. On the bed was a white box tied with grey ribbon.

My heart immediately started to race as I recognise the box. I go over taking the lid off and I pulled out a silk red dress, probably would just go above my ankles.

I held it to my chest as I sat down and slowly tears fell down my cheeks.

I remember it was a week before he was supposed to go. My mind goes back to the day.

"Yeah I should, what should I pack?" I ask taking my jacket and shoes off. "Just casual stuff and this hold on" Shawn walks over to the wardrobe pulling a white box tied with a grey ribbon. "What is it?" I ask as he places it in my hands. "Open it" he grins.

I take the delicate bow untying it and easing the lid off to see a folded red dress. "I want you to wear it on one of the days" he says taking it out to hold it in front of me, my eyes widen at the elegant dress.

Then my mind switches to Shawn's talk with Yvette, he's planning something big. Maybe he wants me to wear it when he proposes?

"What day?"I ask turning to face him. "When I tell you" He bops my nose. "Do you like it? I can't wait to see you in it, it's going to be so amazing". Shawn grins at me as my cheeks flush.

"I love it" I hold the dress, my fingers feeling around the fabric. Shawn takes the box and dress moving it to the side.

I wipe my cheeks getting up. He's playing with my heart, in a loving way. He's winning me back and it's so working.

-
"Athena!" Shawn shouts, I then hear the door shut. I get up quickly putting my shoes on.

"Are you re-"

"Yeah! I'm coming!" I shout. I caress my bump going down the stairs, it showed beautifully in the dress. I was proud to show off my bump, I loved it.

"Oh my" I look up seeing Shawn, dressed in a white button down tucked into a pair of black trousers and some dress shoes. He also held a huge bouquet of red roses and it all made me melt. He looked so incredibly handsome.

I walk over to him and he moves the flowers towards me. I take them looking down at them in awe. "What for?" I chuckle putting them down on the counter.

"It's been a while since I got you some flowers and this is a date" a boyish smirk on his lips. I move a step closer putting a hand on his shoulder as I lean up to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you" I pull back. His eyes look over me and I take notice so I do a little twirl for him making him chuckle.

"Absolutely beautiful" he takes my hand gently. His mouth gapes open again "you're wearing the necklace" he says in disbelief. "I am" I nod.

He lets out a sigh in bliss then brings my hand up to his lips, pressing a gentle kiss to my knuckles. "Let's go" He says. I nod linking my arm with his.
-

"Hey watch it!" Shawn tell the paps off as they flash cameras in my face. He places a hand on my back rushing me into the restaurant.

"I hate that. I always will" he huffs in annoyance. "It's okay. We're here in one piece" I tell him gently. He nods trying to brush it away as we walk towards the waiter.

"Table under mendes" Shawn says. "Right this way" he nods leading us to the table.

Shawn quickly walks ahead of me pulling my chair out. I thank him sitting down and he sits opposite me.

"Here are your menus and just call me over when you're ready to order, do you have any drinks in mind?" He asks.

"Erm Water please" I smile. "Same, thank you" Shawn nods then turns towards me as he walks away.

"What're you getting?" I ask Shawn as I flick through the menu. "Maybe spaghetti, it looks good. You?" He asks.

"I don't know, there's too much" I chuckle.

"I think you'll like the butterfly chicken" he says. I nod putting my menu down.

"How're you feeling?" Shawn asks, hazel eyes fixed on me. "Good, haze is probably sleeping, I can feel him move a little" I say putting my hand on my bump. I loved feeling him move around.

"It's so weird but so cool" Shawn chuckles. "I know, I can't wait to hold him" I grin.

"Me too, me and haze are very lucky to have you" shawn grins making my heart flutter. "Well we're lucky to have you" I tell him and I meant it with my whole heart.