70

Shawn Mendes

"Are you ready?" I ask Athena. She hums getting up from her chair. I hesitated to put my hand out to her but she came beside me clutching onto my hand and it just felt so right. I can't believe I ever hurt her.

"Where to next?" She asks. "It's a surprise" I tell her looking down to see her gorgeous smile. She simply nods as we get in the car.

The way there we talked a little about Haze and what we have left to buy for the nursery and that we need to go shopping for Athena as she needs more clothes.

I'm glad this is how the night is going, we're really talking and not just arguing and fighting and dwelling on the past.

Well talking of the past, we arrived at Sprinkles.

"Oh my god" she chuckles. Athena makes her way out the car and I'm quick to walk by her side.

"How is this place still here" she says in excitement as I push open the door for her. "I have no idea. I'm glad it's here though. Let's sit at the booths" I take her hand leading her over.

I was about to take a seat opposite her but she pulls me back into her so we're sat side by side. She moves into me so her body is nestled against mine. "What do you want? I'll go order"

"Erm cookies and cream" she says looking up at me with glitter in her eyes. "I'll be right back" I quickly press a kiss to her forehead then I escape to the till.

As I order and wait I couldn't help but hope she'd let me kiss her tonight, I was feeling lucky. I mean she was letting me touch her, we're on this date right now, she's wearing the dress and we seem to be doing good.

"Here you go sir" I get handed the two cups of ice cream. "Thank you" I smile. I leave a big tip then walk back to Athena who looks up at me excitedly. I swear she looked even more beautiful than ever, her cheeks tinted pink, she definitely had that pregnancy glow. She was the embodiment of an angel.

"Yours looks so good" she exclaims as she shuffled to my side. "Have it" I move the cup towards her.

"No it's okay you have it" She nudges it back. "We can share" I chuckle putting my arm around her, I don't know why she's letting me touch her but it feels great knowing that I can hold her hand without feeling like it's fake.

"I'm glad we're doing this" she says taking a spoonful of ice cream. "Same, I absolutely love this ice cream" I say making her look up me as she shakes her head releasing a small chuckle.

"I mean being happy" she says letting her shoulders relax.

Happy. I want us to be happy forever.

"Me too" I mumble. She was so close to my lips. Like I could feel her breath on my lips. My nose slightly nudged her cold nose and my eyes stay stuck on her.

She slowly brings a hand up to my jaw, cupping it as her thumb rubs over my skin in a comforting way.

"Can I?" She asks. I was not expecting her to ask me but I'm ecstatic that she did and it was hard to contain it.

I smile wide as I nod but she doesn't immediately kiss me instead I feel her eyes almost admire my features and I hope she was satisfied with what she saw. I take my time to also take in her beauty.

"You're so handsome" she says against my lips then finally, finally she presses her lips against mine.

When I tell you this was the best kiss of my life, it seriously was. The way her plump lips moved such ease against mine, it made me believe we were meant to be.

I feel her hot tongue brush my lip so I open up more and let her take over, I didn't know how much I loved kissing her, how much I needed this and how a simple kiss could make me feel like the happiest man on Earth.

She slowly pulls back, I'm left with the feeling of her feeling of her lips. Her chocolatey eyes look up at me innocently. We don't say anything, there was nothing to say. This moment was perfect like this.

I watch lovingly as she moves away a little, her body still contact with mine but she just turns her head.

"Haze is kicking me" she speaks up gently. Her left hand, adorned by her engagement ring going over her stomach. She takes my hand and moves it across the smooth fabric and I feel the kick.

I lean my head against her shoulder, my arm goes round her back and I hold her close to me.

"Even he's happy that we finally kissed" i comment resulting in an adorable laugh to come from her lips.

"It's been months" Athena comments.

"Six months" I say. Yes, I had been counting and I couldn't give a shit at how stupid I seemed, she's the woman I'm devoted to.

"You didn't deserved to be kissed back then" she looks down at me. "Do I deserve it now?" I ask her.

"Hmm" she nods. "You're fixing things in the best possible ways, I'm trusting you again"

My heart rate increased.

She trusts me and that's all I needed.