15

Shawn Mendes

I was so beyond confused was she with Leon? Or with Elliot or was she single like she said. I mean I didn't care, I just wanted to be friends with her. Yeah, friends.

She hands me a cup of coffee and sits opposite me taking her own cup.

"What did you want to talk about?" She asks, her hand going to the heart charm. It made me tingle with warm ness that she was wearing it. "Oh right, did you read my letter?" I ask her.

"Yeah and it was very... sweet. I agree with you and I want to say I'm sorry for being so childish about this. It was a while ago and I want to be friends also how did you know where I lived?" She asks chuckling towards the end.

"I had Andrew find out and he couldn't so I had to ask Erica, who also threatened me if I hurt you" I chuckle. "And seriously don't apologise. I was at fault and I'm sorry, I want to be friends" I see a small smile appear on her perfect lips.

Oh how I missed her lips. How plump they would be when she had woken up.

"Me too. Thank you for the flowers and necklace and the other things, I was wondering how you managed to get me a signed Khalid vinyl then I remembered you're friends" she says. It warmed my heart that she liked the gifts.

"And erm I think we should stop apologising. We've done it enough and we can't move forward and be friends if we keep looking at the last. Right? Does that make sense?" She asks hesitantly. I could tell she was a little nervous, fiddling with her necklace and hair.

"Yeah it does make sense. So tell me what's next for you?" I ask trying to move along the conversation.

"I'm not sure. I've had a few emails about collaborations with other designers but I haven't gotten back to any" she shrugs putting her cup down, I felt like we had moved closer. Her leg was so close to mine.

"That's amazing" I exclaim. "Why don't you start your own line?" I ask her. I knew she had the talent and the ambition.

"I've never thought about it" she says looking up to meet my eyes with her kind eyes. "Maybe in the future" she mumbles then looks down at her hands.

We stay quiet for about two minutes. None of us knowing what to say.

"So how's things with Lia? Have you guys spoken?" She asks. "Not really If I'm honest. How about you? Any guys?" I ask. I hoped I wasn't being obvious but apart of me wanted to know if she was seeing anyone.

"Well Leon is just a friend. He can act like my boyfriend sometimes and sometimes we might have a moment but we both know it means nothing even if he gets carried away" she chuckles. "And Elliot is just a friend" she says.

"So you're not seeing anyone?" I blurt out and she looks at me with an amused look. "No, is that so hard to believe" she giggles. God her laugh was so cute.

"Yes actually, you're so pretty" I tell her placing a hand on her leg. "Beautiful And you're extremely kind, I'm surprised" I say. We had suddenly gotten a lot closer, well closer than before.

She looked down at my hand then back up at me. "That's erm... very nice of you to say that" she nods smiling.

"Its the truth Athena" I meant it, she might've even gotten prettier over the years.

We stayed for a moment just looking into each other's eyes. Until she looked down laughing quietly. I hesitantly placed a hand on her cheek  moving her towards me. I missed the feeling of her soft skin.

"Are you still living in Canada?" She whispers. "Yes and no. I have a place here, I'm gonna stay for a while" I tell her. "Show me" she says.

I nod moving my hand. "Come on".

-
"It's a little... messy" I warn her before I open the door. "I won't judge" she giggles.

I open the door letting her in first and her eyes go wide as she looks around. "It's perfect" she says under her breath. I couldn't help but imagine what our first time here would've been like.

I walk over standing behind her and she turns around abruptly hitting my chest. Her hands going flat on my hoodie. "Sorry" she mumbles tucking her hair back she steps away but I wanted her to stay. I stepped forward and placed my hands on her waist.

"It's okay" I mumble. She looks down at my hands then back up at me giving me a small smile. I missed holding her.

"Tell me about the place" she says. The two of us stood in the middle of the living room, me holding her as she looked up at me.

"I got it for us and I know you probably don't want to hear it but it was for us. I never sold it because... well it was something I had that reminded me of you but I never came here. I-i couldn't" I shake my head.

She slowly moves her hands up to my face, cupping jaw. Her touch felt so good my eyes flickered almost closing.

"I should've stayed and listened to you" she whispers. Her voice cracks a little then I notice her eyes brimming with tears. "I thought you said no talking of the past?" I chuckle sadly.

"Sorry, I just had to. I sometimes wonder what it would've been like for us... and I'm doing it again. Sorry" she shakes her head. I wanted to hear what she had to say but I couldn't pressure her.

Her warm eyes meet mine. I glance down seeing how close we are.

She moves in a little and I hear her breathing closer, I feel the warm near my lips.

"Can I?" She asks gulping. I nod slowly leaning closer so my lips brush hers lightly.

And then she does it. She leans up on her toes. Her hands go to the nape of my neck then she leans in. Her lips moving against mine

I didn't ever want this stop. I didn't want this feeling to ever go away.