12

Shawn Mendes

"Get up Shawn!" I get yelled at for the hundredth time. I groan rubbing my eyes to se Brian. "What the fuck Brian" I hiss as he opens the curtains.

"Dude why are your eyes so red? Did you smoke?" Brian asks but I stayed silent. "Oh Athena came over huh" he sits down at the end of my bed.

"Yeah and it went to shit. I had no idea how shitty I made her feel. She didn't deserve that" I sigh.

"She's still hot" he chuckles. "Fuck off Brian, you said that about Lia too" I scoff.

"Lia was too but damn she was a bitch at least Athena was nice. Anyway how'd it go?" He asks. "She told me to not try to get her back. I asked her to tell me how she felt and Brian, she was so broken. I never knew. You know no one talks to her, none of her old friends. She got hated on by the media too"

"I know she did. Your break up was everywhere but eventually people left her alone when you lived on to Lia and now everyone knows you guys broke up" Brian tells me. "By the way everyone is glad you guys broke up. She was... well she was terrible" he chuckles and it was true she was.

"Are you gonna try again with Athena?" Brian asks. "She doesn't want me to" I shake my head.

"Dude, she probably got over you and now you're back in her life you've confused her. The girl just lost her job after so long she doesn't need you bugging her" he shrugs.

"I still love her" he whisper. "You still love her?" Brian sits forward. "Yeah but there's nothing I can do" this was seriously a big pile of shit.

"It's been three years with out her and she's still on my mind. For gods sake why was I such an idiot" i yell, mad at myself.

"So you think there's a slight chance she has love for you, somewhere deep in her heart" Brian says making me sit up. "I mean she did come here yesterday" he says.

"Maybe she came just to tell me how crap I made her feel" I get up grabbing my hoodie. "Maybe she came here to see you" he tried to hard to make me feel better.

"Maybe" I sigh. "You got a plan?" Brian asks me.

"A plan for what?" I scrunch up my eyebrows confused to what he was getting at. "To get her back because you know we are all sick of seeing you still sulking about her. You obviously still like her, I mean Lia cheated on you and you're still worried about Athena. Does that not scream that you want her back?" I guess he had a point. I wasn't thinking of Lia until he mentioned her.

"A plan?" I ask.

"Mission Shawn is getting back Athena, is in action" he gets up.

"No Brian, I'm doing it my way and I-i don't know how I'll start but I don't want to charge in and demand a relationship, I'm gonna make friends first" I nod.

"But you'll be in Canada?" Brian snorts.

"Shut up, I bought that apartment here three years ago and I never sold it so I'll stay here. I've finished tour now so I can stay here and fly back sometimes to see my family" I explain to him.

"You're completely smitten" brain pokes my cheek.
-
I was now officially moved into the apartment. Three years ago I bought it for Athena and I, thinking we would move in and I never sold it, I guess the apartment was a part of her that I would never loose.

When I first got it I ordered over a dozen roses here. I never had the heart to go get rid of them. The whole apartment was scented with roses still.

I put my bags down and I had called my mum about the whole situation and she supported me fully.

I then took the whole day to settle in. It was a cozy apartment just in the style of what Athena would like. Large window panels, white cabinets and counters in the open kitchen. The living had a large black L shaped sofa, with a bunch of pillows scattered all over it. I had gotten a tv installed too and plants around the whole place. There were three rooms, one that I would've been sharing with Athena, a guest room and one I turned into a closet for us but now it was just mine.

After checking through the whole apartment I made myself a cup of coffee going out to the balcony that was attached to my room. I sat just looking around. I even closed my eyes and imagined what it would be like if Athena lived with me here.

Now this was pain. We both saw each other, the pain we both felt was shared and yet we were about ten minutes away from each other and I was not man enough to call her.