29

Athena Elle Carter

I was drinking my coffee whilst catching up with Erica about what was going on at work. Shawn was on the floor with Faye, making her laugh and reading her stories. I kept glancing down at them, seeing him holding her in his huge hands with a smile plastered on his face. It made me giddy.

"I see you" Erica mumbles to me. I hit her knee facing her again. "So yeah everything's good, how about you?" She asks. Faye come crawling up to her legs, she picks her up and Shawn sits behind me, his hands on my waist.

"Everything's good" I nod. "Is that it?" She asks laughing. "Okay well, I'm taking a break from working for a while, Shawn is taking a break too, right?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yeah, I just finished my world tour" he nods. "So I'm just gonna chill out, travel, plan for my new career" I chuckle.

"Sounds good" Erica nods. "So I actually came here to ask you something but you can say no" Erica begins.

"Lucas is out of town for his brothers bachelorette weekend thing, I'm being sent to Miami for the weekend to look at the new line down there and Faye-"

"I'll look after her" I cut her off. "How'd you know?" She asks. "I had a feeling and I have nothing else to do so I don't mind" I shrug.

"I owe you one babe, I'm leaving tonight and coming back Sunday evening, is that okay?" She asks. "That's perfect" I nod.

"Everything is in that bag and I left instructions and stuff and call me or Lucas for anything" she tells me. Erica stands up and puts Faye down on the playing mat.

"Thank you Athena" I get up giving her a hug. "It's okay, now go enjoy your baby free weekend" I tell her giving her a hug.

She says goodbye to Faye and Shawn then leaves. I shut the door turning back to see Shawn had Faye in his arms and he was already singing to her. My heart warmed up at the sight.

"Already singing to her?" I tease sitting down beside them. "It's the one thing I know how to do" he chuckles sitting back.

"That's not true"

He looks to me raising his eyes brow.

"You can play the guitar, the piano, you know how to do me, make me feel incredible" I run my hand down his tattooed arms and link our hands. "Babe, you can't don't that to me" he shakes his head sighing.

"You're right, we can't do it in front of the baby" I chuckle. "Give her to me" I say. He places her in my arms. I hold her up and start babbling to her.

"You're good with kids" Shawn says chuckling at how I was speaking in the baby voice.

"Do you want kids?" He asks. "I do" I nod, I put Faye down holding her in my arms as she starts getting tired. "How many?" He asks.

"Three, I don't care if they're boys or girls" I say looking up at him.

"Hmm it'll be fun making the babies huh love" he leans down moving my hair out of my face. "I didn't want babies at first but now people around me are having babies and I want that" I say to him.

"Then I'll give it to you" he presses his lips to mine. "When?" He asks. "I don't want to be time specific, whenever it happens, it happens"

"That's beautiful Athena" he kisses my forehead. "Tell me whenever you're ready" he whispers then moves back. I let a smile appear in my lips.

A future with him. It's sounded perfect.

-
Me and Shawn were cuddling on the couch, well kinda, Faye was sleeping on his chest and he had one arm around my waist as I was leaning into his side.