47

"You okay over there?" Leon asks me. "Hmm Yeah" I reply looking up from the counter.

"Athena?" He asks. I nod looking into his eyes.

"It's three am, it cold and dark. You're here from the biggest night of your life. Your career reached mountains tonight, the love of your life proposed to you and you're sat here with me, all cold and wet, it's like you're here but you're not. And you have no ring" he says pointing down to my hand.

I start sobbing into my hands. Uncontrollable tears down my face. I thought I was done crying over him but then again when has the universe ever been on my side.

Leon walks over beside me pulling me into a hug. "Athena" he sighs.

"Y-you know getting your heart broken once is hard enough b-but when it happens again... and it's the same person. The same person you loved, g-gave a second chance to, then they betray you again. It's worse than the first time" I tell Leo and he nods letting me continue.

"It's worse because the second time you make yourself vulnerable all over again because you know what they did... and it hurt. And then it happens again, you let yourself love them again for them to hurt you. I just don't understand" Athena sobs. "I don't get it, i- I never did anything wrong to him ever" she says.

"God Athena, I know you don't deserve this" Leo sighs. "I don't want to be like this" Athena shakes her head. "And you don't have to... I'm going to help you" leo takes her hand gently.

"You're gonna do the absolute best. You're not proving anything to him this time, you're doing this for you" he tells her.

"Now let me make you something to eat and then you can take the bed"

Athena nods. "Thank you"

-
"Ready for some lunch?" Leo asks. I nod picking up my bag. "There's a crowd out there, are we ready for this?" He asks.

"We all know they're here for you" I nudge him as we leave his apartment and go into the lift.

He presses the ground floor and I look out the glass doors. "Jesus" I mumble.

"Yes, Jesus" Leo says making me laugh a little. "Let's go" He opens the door for me and I'm instantly bombarded with flashing light and questions.

"How's being engaged to Shawn?"

"Why aren't you with Shawn?"

"He proposed last night, how do you feel?"

"Wheres the ring?"

I get in Leo's car sighing. "It'll get better right?" I ask him. "I hope so" he drives away.

"So where to?" He asks me. "Anywhere with good tea" I tell him. He nods putting some music on.

"Has he tried contacting you?" Leo asks. "Yeah, he called me like fifteen times then he started messaging me so I turned my phone off" I explain.

"You're really done with him aren't you?" He asks.

"I want to be, I really do but- but you know how I feel. I think this time it hurt more" I shrug. "I don't know what's going to happen" I say honestly.

"Well whatever happens, I'm there for you" he glances at me with a small smile. I smile back then look outside as we approach the cafe.

"Fuck sake, why are the paps out so much today" I huff. "I got you" Leon gets out the car and opens the door for me. We avoid saying anything back and make it inside.

"I swear todays the day where I absolutely loose my mind" I say making Leon laugh.

"I know why the paps are here" his smile drops. "It's him isn't it?" I ask. He nods sadly.

"He's coming here" Leo mumbles. "What should I-"

"Athena" Shawn steps beside Leo making me gulp. People were still taking pictures which made me even more anxious.

"I told you to leave me alone" I spit quietly. "I didn't know you'd be here. I'm glad you are though, sit with me and make it look normal. I have something to say" he places a hand on my back making me shiver.

"Get your hand off me" I tell him sternly. He doesn't move it though.

"Shawn-"

"Athena just sit down" he says through his teeth. I roll my eyes sitting down at his table with Leo and Andrew was already there.

"Hi Athena" Andrew smiles gently. I look away outside to see everyone was still there.

"What?" I ask.

"Athena I need you back" Shawn says. I look over at him seeing his bloodshot red eyes.

"Need me?" I scoff. "I do, really bad. I need this engagement to play off for a bit then you can leave" he says.

I couldn't believe I was hearing this.

"You really don't care how I feel, do you?" I ask. "I do. I really do Athena and I told you I love you and I always will but can you please help me, I'm dying out Athena and you can help me... just do this for me and I'll do anything" he pleads, his eyes burning with tears.

"No"

"Why?" He asks, he looked hurt but I felt more than that yesterday.

"I can't stand the sight of you" I spit standing up. He quickly grabs my hand turning me back into him. Before I even have time to move back he presses his lips against mine.

I move back quickly looking at him disgust.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I ask, Ready to cry.

"I need you" he whispers.

"You just want to hurt me" I say walking out.

Instagram
@athenaelle

Liked by 4,829,880 Athenaelle: fucking leave me alone

Liked by 4,829,880
Athenaelle: fucking leave me alone

Comments...
User: Wheres the ring?

User: shes trash

User: anyone see Shawn alone at the cafe? He was crying and we all know she broke his heart.
-user: She even spent the night with Leo. We all know what happened, she doesn't deserve Shawn.

User: She needs to leave Shawn alone.

User: fuck her. She was only with  Shawn for clout.

__
Also Leo is Leon's nickname. I just call him either.