21

Athena Elle Carter

"Babe is this shirt okay?" Shawn asks walking in from the bathroom. We were at his apartment now, I had gotten ready earlier so it was his turn now. I was wearing black jeans, a burgundy knitted sweater and black heeled boots.

He was wearing black jeans and a black shirt that had white feathers on it. "Perfect" I nod. "You look really pretty" he leans down pecking my lips, his loose curl went in my eyes and a drop of water fell on to my nose.

"Go dry your hair" I giggle wiping my face. He laughs walking away then soon returns with his hair all done.

"Ready?" He asks. I hum a yes and take his hand. We go down to the underground parking  where he told me to park to avoid any cameras.

"Still driving your Porsche huh?" He chuckles. "Yep, never getting rid of it"

We both get in and he keeps a hand on my thigh as I start driving to my parents place. "Is your dad okay with us?" He asks I pull up to the valet. We get out and I give my keys to the boy there.

"I'll be honest I don't know" I say nervously. He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles. We go up in the elevator in silence and he would occasionally kiss my lips, I was guessing it was for comfort.

The doors open directly to the penthouse. "Athena!" Sam comes up to me engulfing me in a hug. "How you doing?" He asks. "I'm good" I nod.

We pull away form each other and Sam looks behind me. "Hi Shawn" Sam nods then walks away.

I look up at Shawn and quickly kiss his lips. "You guys look lovely!" Mum walks in and engulfs me in a hug then she hugs Shawn. "Come on, dinners ready" she walks towards the dining room.

"Hi daddy" I smile. He gets up giving me a hug. "He gets one chance" dad whispers in my ear.

"Shawn, hi sorry about yesterday I had business" dad shakes Shawn's hand. "No worries sir" Shawn smiles.

I take a seat opposite my dad and Shawn sits next me opposite my mum, sam at the head of the table. "This all looks lovely Mrs Carter" Shawn says as I begin making his plate for him putting a bit of everything on it then I make one for myself.

"Thank you Shawn" mum smiles.

We all start eating and I had no expectations for this dinner to be excellent and all fun and joy but no one was talking.

I looked at sam and he gave me a sad smile. "So I'm think of not doing any work for a while now" I speak up.

"Why that?" Dad asks me. "I just want a break" I shrug. "I've been working non stop for like four years, I've earned enough to not work for a while and I'm still getting payed because Empire are still using my designs" I explain.

"Why don't you go away for a while? Go to the home in France? You could take Shawn" mum says. Okay maybe this was getting better.

"Yeah" I nod. Shawn takes my hand under the table linking them together. "Shawn are you still living in Canada?" Sam asks.

"I have a place there but I'm staying here for a while" he replies. "Are you only staying because of Athena?" Dad asks.

"Erm partly, I do have work here a lot so it's convenient but yes because Athena is here too" Shawn smiles at me.

"And Mr and Mrs Carter I just want to apologise, we didn't really get to meet properly last time and I'm sorry for that. I'm also sorry for hurting your daughter and if I hurt you in anyway" he apologises, my heart went all soft and I looked at him smiling.

"Just don't hurt her again Shawn, she's my only daughter" dad warns him but his voice was soft. Mum looks at dad like she was proud of him. She shoots me a wink to let me know it was all going to be okay.

"Yeah don't do anything stupid Shawn or I'll have to break your face this time" sam chuckles. "I'm not going to hurt her. You have my word" Shawn smiles at them.

I squeeze his hand gently and he looks over at me, a warm smile being placed at his lips.

"Okay I'll go get dessert, Richard, Sam come help me" mum says getting up and dad and Sam follow her leaving me and Shawn.

"That was incredibly brave of you" I scoot closer to him placing a hand on his cheek. "I'm serious about us Athena, I had to let your parents know too" he says.

I lean in closer kissing him gently. "We're going to work" he presses his forehead against mine.

"We better because I'm in-"

"I made chocolate cake!" Mum cuts me off walking in with a cake and sam with the plates and dad with the ice cream.

I'm glad she cut me off. What if I had admitted it and he got scared?

He looks at me quickly kissing my lips then he turns back to the table talking with mum.