8

Athena Elle Carter

When I arrived at the after party with Leon everyone was very enthusiastic to see me. I had to let go of Leon's hand to go around hugging everyone and accepting the 'wish you wells'

It was all amazing, Erica had booked out a bar/ club for the whole team and any additional guests. Drinks were flying around and everyone was dancing or talking.

I was just about to order a drink when Leon came up behind me wrapping his arms around my body. "She'll have the cranberry vodka" he says to the bartender then he twists my body so I'm facing him.

The drinks I had earlier on were now kicking in. "You're so handsome" I giggle leaning up pecking his lips. "And you're cute when you're drunk" he chuckles pecking my lips again.

"Now that you're a free woman, what do you say to a date?" He asks, his lips forming a smile.

"Well this free woman says yes!" I exclaim. I then grab my drink holding it in one hand and Leon's hand in the other. He holds me close swaying my body to the music.

I eventually finish my drink then lean into Leon. "Help me up" I shout over the music. He looks at me confused then nods showing he understands. He takes my waist and lifts me on to the circle table.

"Can I have a mic?" I shout them someone lasses me the karaoke mic and the music stops and everyone cheers for me.

I look around waving at Erica giddily. "Hi everyone!" I shout earning a hi back.

"I'm here to say that I am officially a free woman" I look down at Leon winking at him which I'm sure everyone saw. "Thank you all for everything and I wasn't going to say this but I will. Fuck everyone who messed up my life" I hold my middle finger in the air and everyone woos.

"I am so over it all, so know you guys can catch me splurging my cash, driving around in my Porsche with my best friends because I'm telling you guys nothing is going to bring me down. Have a lovely night everyone!" I yell them fell the mic.

Maybe it was because I was drunk but looked down at Leon then fell back. I closed my eyes then opened them to see he had caught me securely with his arms.

"You're wild" he laughs. "Take me home" I tell him wrapping my arms around his neck.

-

I never woke up so quick, I ran to the bathroom hurling over the toilet emptying out everything I had. I sit back leaning against the cabinets then I felt someone's presence.

I look up and Leon picks me up effortlessly sitting me beside the sink. He takes my toothbrush and helps me brush my teeth. As soon as he's done he places his hands at the sides of my face and pulls me in for a kiss.

"Morning" he smiles his hands going down my sides that were covered by his shirt. I rake my hands over his perfect body making his stomach tense. "Morning" I peck his lips.

"Should we go out for breakfast?" He asks. I hum a yes pulling him back into me for a longer kiss bringing back the memories of the fun night we had together.

"I'll be back in ten minutes, I'm just gonna go back to my place" he says pulling back. "Hmm okay" I peck his lips once more then he leaves.

I hop down completely smitten I look into the mirror, my fingers going over my lips. I brush off whatever I felt and began getting ready.

My hair was just shoved in a pony, I put on a pink suede skirt and tucked in a white tee. I left my makeup and made way to the kitchen, then I heard a knock at the door.

I happily walked over, taking a quick breather before I opened the door to see Leon. God what was wrong with me?

After my five second happy party I opened the door but my face quickly fell to a frown.

"Athena-"

"What're you doing?" I shoot. I was so close to just slamming the door shut but he pulled me into a hug. A fucking hug?

"Shawn get off of me" I shove his body off of me scoffing. "Why? What even- what are you doing?" I step back looking him up and down.

He was wearing black jeans, white shirt and a denim jacket.

"Athena I want to just- please can I come in?" He asks, he looked so... lost.

"Hey what's going on?" Leon walks out shutting the door behind him he stands beside Shawn.

I look between the two, Shawn looking at me, Leon looking at Shawn and I was blankly looking between the two.

"Athena? What's going on?" Leon asks.

"Athena I just want five minutes" Shawn says.

"I erm- Leon let's go" I step out taking his hand. "Are you sure? Do you need to talk to him?" Leon asks.

"What's there to talk about? We only met yesterday" I say looking up at Leon. Leon knew I was lying but he followed along.

"Athena don't-"

"I'm sorry but we have to go, maybe another time" i had a horrible feeling in my gut. The way he was looking at me like he had so much to say, why was I doing this?

"Right well, sorry to bother you" he steps back. Leon squeezes my hand then he pulls me away.

I look back for a second, just that one second. I felt my heart skip a beat. Not in that good way, like in a way where I had completely just done the wrong thing.