60

Athena Elle Carter

Here I was, two days after the reveal in my apartment. I was pacing back and forth like a mad man. My hand on my bump rubbing it gently.

"Come on little man, help me" I whisper. I had decided what I wanted, when I came home alone after the reveal I decided, not just for me but for the baby too.

"Okay I'm going" I put on a pair of fuzzy socks and went across to Shawn's apartment knocking on the door.

As I stood waiting every possibility of how this could go ran through my mind and I didn't see a single good outcome which made me feel very light headed.

I gulped knocking again. I knew if I didn't do this now then I would never do it and life would be very different for my son, my son, I'm so excited to meet him.

"Hey" Shawn opens the door. I look up at him to him shirtless, dressed in some grey shorts. His hair messy and eyes slightly puffy.

"I'm sorry, go back to sleep" I quickly turn around but he grabs my arm. "Come in, it must be important. It's three am" He chuckles groggily.

He lets go of me and I walk in, the place looking exactly the same. I sit down on the sofa and he sits beside me rubbing his eyes.

"So whats up?" He asks me.

"Nothing" I shake my head. What the fuck? Come on Athena! Say it!

"Oh okay... you want some tea?" He asks me. "Yeah sure, erm peach please. Put in some sweetener" I tell him. He nods getting up and leaves me sat there.

I look around and my heart reminds me exactly why I'm here. He had the sonogram framed and a picture of us from when we went France, when he said he loved me

"Here you go" he puts the mug down. "Thanks" I give him a faint smile. For a few seconds neither of us say anything.

"I got some stuff for the baby" Shawn says getting up. "You did?" I ask feeling my heart swell.

"Hold on" he rushes to his room, it was my room too for a bit. He quickly comes back with a few bags.

"Jesus, looks like you bought the whole store" I chuckle. "I was tempted to" he says grabbing a bag and he pulls out a bundle of clothes.

"This ones my favourite, it's a bit big but he'll grow into it" Shawn says holding up the white baby grove that read 'I love daddy more'.

I chuckle taking it from him. The soft material and tininess making me awe.

"Oh and this one" he shows me a small grey champion hoodie. "I figured his momma is a fashion icon so he needs to look good too" he says.

Momma. Oh god, the way he said it. I almost jumped onto his lap and asked him to get me pregnant ag-

"Athena" Shawn has snapping me out of my thoughts. "I got you one too" he shows me the larger champion hoodie.

"Oh" I take it from him and I felt my eyes water. "Thank you" I mumble.

"No worries. Oh and you'll love this-"

"I want to move back to Canada" I blurt out. He stops talking and faces me, a tiny pair of blue shoes in his large hands. His eyes glitter and features soften.

"With me?" He asks. "Yeah... yeah. I want to go back to Canada and we should get a home, me and you. Raise him there" I say honestly.

He gulps and hesitantly takes my hand, his warm fingers lacing with mine.

"You don't want to stay here?" He asks me, as to ask me to think again.

"Not really. New York is home but it's too busy. I want him to grow up with a huge garden, surrounded by the nicest people. And- and your family, we'll be near them. They can come whenever. All of your friends are there. And I know you want this baby raised at home so let's do it" I tell him.

"What about your family? Friends or job?" He asks me with worry.

I shrug letting a tear slip my eye. "They don't need me and I talked with Erica, she said she'll come anytime and Theo can visit sometimes but that's it. And I work for myself now, I don't need to stay here" I use my spare hand to wipe my cheeks but I couldn't stop crying as his perfect hazel eyes stay stuck on me.

"Are you sure? You want to leave everything here for me?" He asks, his voice cracking a little.

Yes for you Shawn!

"The baby" I tell him. "Yeah... Yeah whatever you want Athena. You know I'd drop anything for you" he says gently. I stay quiet nodding.

After a few minutes of silence I take my hand back rubbing over my stomach feeling him move then I feel a poke. I gasp and chuckle lightly.

"What? What is it?" He asks. I silently take his hand putting it over my stomach, my hand over his and there it was. My baby boy was kicking me.

"Holy shit" Shawn mumbles. "He's like really excited" Shawn chuckles excitedly. He quickly moves the bags and gets on his knees going between my legs to face the bump. His large hands on either side and then he closes his eyes. He looked at peace. His lips curve into a smile and I couldn't help it. I reach down placing a hand on his warm cheek.

His eyes open and he looks up at with the biggest smile I've ever seen. "When should we go?" He asks.