35

Athena Elle Carter

"Done?" Ethan asks. I nod sitting back.

"So erm you guys finally tied the knot?" I ask Ethan and Lilly. We were sat in the guest room away from everyone else.

"Yep he's so gorgeous Athena" Lilly giggle. "So are you babe" Ethan bops her nose. "You guys are cute. Yeah me and Shawn are cute too I guess should I just pretend I don't know? We're at a good place I can't ruin it" I huff laying back.

"Babe knowing you it's gonna eat you up. Just talk to him about it" Lilly flops down beside me.

"We weren't even together then" I shrug looking up at the ceiling. "But still, she was your best friend Athena and he slept with her instead of chasing after you" Lilly says angrily.

"There you are!" The door swings open.

I sit up blinking a few times. "Jesus Christ it stinks in here" Shawn shakes his head walking in. "Yeah sorry" Ethan says taking the blame.

"It's alright just do it outside please" Shawn says politely sitting beside me.

"We'll leave guys to it" Lilly quickly gets dragging Ethan out with her.

"I smoked too" I admit. Shawn sighs "it's okay"

"And I know you slept with Camille" I say calmly. "And that you were the person who she cheated with on Liam" I continue.

"Athena-"

"And I know we weren't together but it's like me sleeping with Brian the next day after we broke up. And it's fucking fucked up how you listened to me telling you how I lost touch with my friends when all along you were going to their weddings and partying with them" I breath out, I wasn't sure why I wasn't I angry maybe it was the weed.

"You're high Athena you don't know what you're saying" Shawn says crouching in front of me. I look down at him and my eyes start watering.

"She was my best friend Shawn" I whisper. "And a day later really?" I look up wiping my eyes.

"Athena" he takes my face in his hands making me look at him. "I know we weren't together but it's still weird" I sigh.

"I was drunk Athena. I swear I didn't even know I had sex with her until I woke up. I just thought she was some random girl. I don't even remember it happening babe" he takes my hands. I believed every word he said.

"I do believe you Shawn" I sigh. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him.

"I-" he clear his throat. "I couldn't break your heart again. I had you back. We were happy" he sighs.

"I'm so hungry right now I can't think straight" I lay back.

"Do you always smoke?" Shawn asks me.

"Only in fucked up situations like this. I don't get it Shawn. Out there too, you were laughing with her" I huff. "Where'd you get the weed from-"

"I'm not an addict and this is about you right now. And I thought you hated Myles, why did you go to his wedding? And Camille hates me, I'm not very fond of her and you chose her out of everyone!" I exclaim.

"I told you I was drunk. I didn't even know who she was" he huffs. "How did you feel knowing you broke them up?" I ask.

"Liam and Camille? I felt bad obviously" he scoffs.

"I don't know how I feel about this" I groan standing up. Shawn quickly takes my hand pulling me into him. "It was three years ago babe. I love you Athena, not her you. I'm not letting this get between us. I got you back and it's staying like this okay?" He uses his hand to move my face.

"And I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry baby. You know I'd take it back in a heartbeat, I never want to hurt you Athena" he presses a firm kiss to my forehead. "You're so stupid Shawn" I let out a quiet giggle.

"But I love you so much. I need you to stop doing stupid things" I poke his cheek. "I will I promise. It was in the past love. The only thing I care about is you"

"You need to show everyone I'm yours" I lean up kissing his lips.

The past is the past.

"Oh I will. Are we okay hun?" He asks. "We're doing this. We can't let the past ruin us" I sigh. "We can't" he shakes his head and takes my hand.

"Come on. Let's go sober you up" he pecks my lips once more and leads me out the room to everyone. Shawn grabs a bottle of water for me and some nachos. He's sits down and I sit sides ways on his lap as I eat and feed him.

"All good?" Lilly asks me. "Yep, it's the past. Yeah it stung but me and Shawn are better than that" I look down at him.

"We sure are baby" he squeezes my thigh.

I've grown. Matured into a better woman, yeah I still have my flaws but I'm taking the days as they come. I'm talking more to Shawn. I'm not afraid to say when I'm hurt or happy. I'm not letting the last effect my future with Shawn, no way.