58

Athena Elle Carter

"I'll talk to Mum and dad okay? In the meanwhile stay safe" Theo hugs me tightly. "I will" I nod pulling back.

Shawn also says goodbye then he follows me out to his car. He opens the door for me then he gets himself in quickly.

"Are you hungry?" He asks me.

"I am but is anywhere open?" I ask.

"Yeah, I know a small dessert place or I can take you home" he suggests.

"Dessert it is" I nod happily. He just nods driving away. I look down at my stomach in happiness. My baby was going to have it's uncle theo and cousins to play with.

"I'm glad everything is okay with your brother" Shawn speaks me. "Me too. What did he say to you? I hope he didn't threaten you" I say.

"Oh no, he was just giving me parenting advice. Saying to be there for you and the baby which I will be. You know that right? I'm putting you and the baby first, I couldn't give a shit about anything else" he says glancing at me quickly. My heart warmed, this time I really hoped I was a priority.

"When should we go baby shopping?" I ask abruptly. "Oh we're going together?" He asks surprised.

"We can go separately I don't mind" I was quick to say. Did he want to go separately?

"It's up to you really" he shrugs. "You have a say in this too" I tell him.

"I know... I guess what I mean is we don't even know how we're taking care of the baby" he says nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?"

"Like are we going to be living together? Or are you just temporarily staying opposite me. Are we going to Canada or staying here? Or if I'm going to Canada and you stay here. We'll have to get shared custody for the baby. Figure out times and schedules" he says and it made sense, I never considered any of that.

"What do you want?" I ask him. He then pulls over and faces me, his skin had a warm glow to it, he got that when he was doing well, mentally.

"Honestly? Can I be honest?" He asks. I nod wanting nothing but his honesty.

"I want for us to live together, in Canada. I want for that ring stay on your finger and maybe in the next year or two a wedding. I want us to be a family Athena, that's truly what I want" he breathes out, his eyes on mine as he speaks. "But I also want what you want, if you want to break of the engagement and separate and we can get shared custody then that's what I'll do if it's what you want"

Again my heart warms up. He wanted what was best for me. He wants what I want. Andrew was right.

I gulp out of nervousness and he notices. His hand gently goes over mine. "What do you want Athena?" He asks gently.

"I don't know" I say honestly. His smile falls a little.

"I'm sorry, I wish I had a clear answer for you" I tell him softly.

"It's okay. How about I ask you in a month? You'll be four months pregnant then" he says with a warm smile.

"A month" I nod. "Now should we get some ice cream?" He asks. I nod but we don't move.

He keeps his eyes on mine for a few seconds. Like a loving gaze to tell me he loves me and I know he does, he's told me multiple times and I wish I was ready to say it back but I wasn't.

I then clear my throat and we both look away getting out the car. He walks around the car towards me and we walk into the empty ice cream shop.

"Can I sit? And you order? I'll pay you back" I tell him feeling back hurting.

"Yeah of course and don't worry about it" he smiles. I reciprocate the smile then turn going to sit a pink booth.