31

Athena Elle Carter
2 months later, September 26th

These two months went by quick.

Too quick. I wished I could stop time. Breath, look around. I wanted to hold time where I was now, the life I was living now was the epitome of my peace.

I was basically living with Shawn at his apartment in New York, he made me promise to move in by the end of the year and I said I would. We spent almost every waking moment together.

Mornings were filled with deep talks, giggles and long sex. The talks were good for us, we never really did talk so personally to each other, I now feel like I know him, I know who Shawn Mendes is.

Afternoons I would happily go with him to meetings, I was back in touch with his crew, all he made me feel loved and didn't ask any questions which I think Shawn told them not to.

We would sometimes cook together or it would be just me and he would watch, I would listen to him talk about his tour, music, family or whatever was going on in his life and he would reciprocate back to me.

Nights was my favourite. Getting ready for bed side by side then actually cuddling up in our bed, his strong arms embracing my body. It just felt right.

Also the public had obviously seen us together and we weren't hiding that we were together. We had shared multiple Instagram posts with each other, Shawn had mentioned me in interviews and we would reply to the nice tweets about us.

Obviously I got hate. He caught me crying in bed one night and immediately figured it out reading me like a book. He took action and tweeted.

'She's my love. She deserves no hate. If you support me don't hate on those I love'

The hate had calmed down and I got a fair amount of love. It was crazy how a few words could change people especially when it came from him.

Then of course Shawn's birthday came up. I was going to plan a party but he caught me and told me to cancel it. He wanted it to be just me, him, good champagne and our bed. And that's what I gave him and of course some additional presents.

-
"Gorgeous, can I talk to you?" Shawn shouts walking in. I look up from my laptop signalling I need a minute.

"That's great Jeremy, can I email you back my details then we can plan a meeting?" I ask. "Sounds perfect, it sounds like you're needed so I'll leave you to it. Bye Athena, I look forward to meeting you" he waves then ends the call.

I completely forget that Shawn was there and I close my laptop and let out a shriek of excitement.

"Someone's happy" I hear Shawn chuckle. He sits beside me putting and arm around my shoulder. I sit forward and fine my body to face him with a big grin.

"I am" I giggle. I lean in closer to him pecking his lips. "What did you wanna talk about?" I ask him putting my hand in his hair playing with his damp curls.

"Well you know I was thinking... I don't know how you'll feel about this-"

"Just spit it out Shawn" I chuckle. I move my hand, going down his arm then I link our hands. "We should go to Canada" he says.

Canada.

I blink a few times looking at him. "Just go see my parents. They wanna see my girl, we won't even stay long. Just a week, we can stay at the condo and I'll pay. We won't have to see anyone else-"

"Okay" I nod. He looks at me confused. "You gave in easily" he chuckles.

"Well I wanna see your parents too" I shrug.

"And you're okay with staying at the condo. I know we had some bad times there so we could stay in a hotel or-"

"It's fine, I don't have PTSD" I laugh. "We'll go whenever you want and do whatever you want" I tell him. He scans my face for a second then pulls me into a hug. "I love you" he mumbles into my hair. "I love you too" I giggle kissing his neck.

"We can go on Sunday, take a private plane and it's like a four hour flight or something. We can then get settled at the condo go see my parents the next day then go around and be tourists" he explains. "Sounds perfect" I nod.

"So what were you so excited about before?" He asks kissing the top of my head.

"Oh" I perch up. I start smiling crazy making him laugh. I sit up and straddle his thighs.

"Well I've been jobless for like four months" I chuckle. "And it's been a great break and all, I was going to start working like the start of next year but then" I stop for a second.

"Then the creative director of Moschino, fucking Jeremy Scott! He emailed me, Skyped me and he wants another meeting discussing a potential collaboration!" I exclaim and clap my hands together.

"Oh my god that's amazing!" He pulls me in by my waist hugging me tightly. "So proud of you darling"

I pull back then hold his face in my hands. "I really hope he says yes to my designs, crap I need to pull out some designs" I say to myself.

"You got this. He'll be dumb if he says no to you" Shawn grins. "We have to celebrate" he says.

"Got anything in mind?" I ask him tracing his jaw with my finger. "A few things" he nods then licks his lips. He picks me up and carries me to our room.

"I am actually proud of you Athena, you deserve it all baby" he puts me down then hovers over me peppering me in kisses.