43

January 7th

"Are you kidding? Two days till the show and you don't even know what outfit you're wearing?" I shoot at one of the lazy models.

"I never got told" he shrugs. "Get out! I mean it leave, I'll find someone else" I scoff turning around to face Erica who had an amused look on her face.

"What?" I ask. "Nothing" she shakes her head. "Just tell me" I huff sitting down beside her.

"You're being mean" she tells me. "Am not! I'm stressed the fuck out. I should've never taken those days off" I groan.

"Babe it was Christmas and then New Years, the first ones with Shawn after three years, you deserved the time off" Erica tells her. "What's the matter? Really?"

Athena sighs facing Erica. "I have no idea. The show is in two days, Jeremy is flying in the morning of the show, My models are unprofessional, Shawn wants a baby, this is my first show as a designer" I say letting it all out.

"Shawn wants a baby?" Erica gasps.

"We talked about it and we sorted it out but I know he wants one... of course I want a baby, I want children but I don't know if the timing is right. But then again I don't want to loose him again, I'd do anything to keep him in my life" I almost tearing up, I look away from a Erica blue eyes looking down at my notepad.

"Athena you can't just have a baby because he wants to, you have to want it too" she sighs.

"I do want one, heck I want like four" I stand up pacing around. "I just- I don't want to talk about this. I want to focus on the show and then I'll deal with this" I breath out, before Erica can say anything I walk up on stage getting the models even more prepared.

-
After three long hours we had the final decisions made.

"Okay last model, Jessica Sanders!" I call. She walks out beautifully then back. I stand up clapping and sigh in relief.

"Perfect! Please do exactly that on the day" I tell them all. "So next time I see you all will be on the day, be as prepared and excited as you can be I guess also I'm sorry for how harsh I've been, this is just important to me and I hope you all understand. So thank you and now go home and relax!" I says happily walking over to my phone and bag packing away.

Those were the most stressful hours ever, I just couldn't wait to get home to Shawn and just relax.

"Athena babe can you drop me off?" Erica asks me. I was exhausted from waking around in heels day, my head aching and my whole body was ready power off but how could I say no to her. I nod and we walk out to my car.

"Are you excited for the show?" She asks me. "Yeah, I'm just nervous for the end. I have to do a little speech but I've asked Shawn to come out with me at the end" I tell her driving off.

"Oh he's not modelling?"

"Nope, he's the face of the line but no" I shake my head. "I'm so proud of you Athena, this was all you" she says happily.

"Thank you Erica, I'm glad your by my side keeping me sane" I chuckle.

We soon arrive and she wishes me a good night then goes inside. I drove home quickly and got up for the apartment opening the door.

"Shawn?" I call locking the door.

"I'll call you another time, yeah I'll talk with her... okay bye" I hear Shawn say. I walk into our bedroom kicking my shoes off and I flop down on the bed.

"Rough day?" Shawn asks crawling over me, his body hovering over mine. "You have no idea" I breathe out. "Wanna talk about it?" He asks. "I'm too tired to talk" I chuckle lazily then lean up pecking his lips.

"Let's get you in bed then" he grins pressing a kiss to my forehead. He then gets me changed and I go to the bathroom getting ready for bed.

When I go back to the room Shawn wasn't there but his phone rang. I go over to huffing picking up his phone and suddenly I'm wide awake.

"I made you some tea babe" Shawn walks in. I throw his phone to the side getting in bed. "I'm okay, I ate with Erica. I'm just gonna sleep" I say facing the other way.

"Oh it's your favourite peach tea though, we could watch gossip girl and I'll cuddle you" Shawn says getting in beside me.

"I'm really okay Shawn, good night" I mumble. "Okay well night, I love you" He kisses my temple going behind me spooning me.

My heart was racing rapidly, I let my eyes loose focus on the wall ahead of me and I felt my eyes burn up with tears.

"I love-"

My phone cuts me off. I sigh sitting up reaching for my phone seeing it was Theo.

"Athena where are you?" He asks urgently. "Home, why what's wrong?" I ask, his voice compliment scared me. I felt Shawn sit up beside me rubbing my sides.

"Athena I don't know how to say this..."

"What is it Theo? It's late and I'm tired" I huff. "Dads in the hospital" his voice cracks.

"Theo... tell me your joking, it's a joke right?" I ask wishing the answer was yes.

"I'm not, I wish I was" I hear a cry in the background.

"I'm coming" I end the call getting up. I quickly put on my jacket and trainers grabbing my phone and purse when Shawn suddenly stops me.

"What happened?" He asks placing his gentle hands at the sides of my face. I instantly burst out crying going into his arms. He holds me tightly rubbing my back soothingly.