74

Shawn Mendes

"Easy Athena" I quickly take the overnight bag from her knowing she wasn't supposed to be doing any heavy lifting. "Just get Haze and I'll get the rest" I press a kiss to her forehead leaving her smiling. She moves past me to Haze and I take our bags.

I follow her up the path to our home and we get inside.

"Oh my god" she mumbles. She turns to me, Haze held in her arms securely. "You didn't have to" She mumbles.

I had a few of my friends decorate the house, huge red and pink balloons all over, a banner saying happy birthday for her and welcome home Haze for him of course. There was also huge bouquets of roses dotted around. It was nothing compared to what she deserved.

"I wanted to and you deserve it" I put the bags down and place my hands on her waist gently knowing she was a little sore. "Plus you didn't get to spend your birthday properly" I tell her.

"Well it's not just mine anymore" she chuckles looking down at our sleepy baby. He was the best baby ever, so calm and easy going. I prayed for Athena's sake that he'd always be like this because I knew she'd be up all the time to feed and tend to him but I'm going to be up whenever she is too. I'm here for them both.

"I'm so tired" she lets out a large yawn. I chuckle taking Haze from her. "Let's go to bed"

She nods lazily making her way up the stairs. I bring Haze to our room as we decided to let him sleep with us for the first weeks. I put him down slowly in the crib attached to our bed, on Athena's side. She quickly gets changed into some random clothes lying on the floor and she gets in bed flopping down. I quickly change too and get in beside her.

I watch as she reaches out and strokes Haze's cheek. His lips part a little and Athena smiles.

"He's so cute already" I say putting my arm around her body. "Hmm most babies look like aliens but he's so cute and I'm glad he's a little chubby" Athena says making me chuckle.

We stay silent for a few minutes, both our eyes on Haze. Fascinated by him even though he was simply sleeping.

"Shawn?" Athena hums. "Yeah?"

"I already love him so much" she whispers. "I do too, it's weird right? We feel an instant love for this little baby" I say quietly. She hums lacing our fingers together.

"I'm glad I'm doing this with you"

My heart rate increases rapidly at her words. "I'm glad it's you too. You know I love you with everything I have?"

"I know. I love you too" she kisses my knuckles softly then snuggles further into me.

-

"Hush honey, you don't wanna wake up daddy" Athena coos at Haze who had woken up crying very loudly.

"Daddy is awake" I chuckle tiredly getting up behind her. I wrap my arms around her leaning my head on her shoulder as she fed Haze. I obviously didn't look, I just wanted her to know that if she was awake I would be too.

"You can go back to sleep, it's six am" she croaks and lets out a yawn. "It's okay, you're up, I'm up" I let her know.

"That's so cute" she laughs looking down at me. "After I'm done can we eat some breakfast?" She asks. "Yeah I'll go get cooking, what do you want?" I ask her kissing her cheek. It was nice just kissing her and holding her whenever.

"Just some cereal please" she smiles. I nod getting up. I make my way downstairs and set the house temperature higher knowing she'd be cold. I make her some cereal and go to the living room grabbing a blanket and putting on Netflix.

Soon Athena comes down, her fluffy pink robe covering her body and Haze held close to her chest wearing a cozy baby blue onesie.

"Warm enough?" I ask her. She hums sitting down. I ease Haze from her hands and pass her the bowl.

"This is weird, he's being so good" Athena says leaning against me. I feel her warm body against mine and it sends me crazy. "I know, he's a lazy baby" I chuckle kissing Haze's tiny forehead.

"Like you"

"I'm not lazy" I answer back in my defence.

"Yeah you are" She laughs. "I'm not, I work so hard. Playing shows, writing music, going to the gym, flying everywhere-"

"Okay okay, I take it back. You are most definitely not lazy" she cuts me off. I smile looking down at her. She rolls her eyes sassily and grabs the remote.

"What should we watch?" She asks. "Oh my god" she cuts me off excitedly before I even get the chance to talk. "This is his first time watching tv. We need to pick something good" she says making me chuckle.

"Babe, he's half way sleeping" I tell her. She leans over me looking down at Haze. She brings her thumb to his cheek rubbing gently. "Gorgeous boy" she coos. My heart flutters at the small interactions. I knew she was going to be a dedicated mother and I was beyond happy to be sharing this with her.