Chapter 5

"Ugh, I'm starving! Can this line go any slower?" Riley whined in frustration.

The down side to the exquisite cabin is that it takes twice as long to get here, meaning we're the last ones at dinner.

"Honey, if you complain one more time I swear, I will take 3 years," a tall curly haired boy from the front of the line called back to Riley.

"You do that and I swear We. Will. Fight," Riley shot back glaring at the boy.

A tiny boy next to the blonde boy nudged him along to not have to deal with Riley. Asmaa, Nicole, Natalie, Tiffany, Tiny, Ryley, and I finally got our food and sat down outside the cafeteria despite the mosquitoes. A few minutes later Eva, came dragging Megan behind her in a cute little way.

"Even if we fought, I would have won". That same boy from the line sat down next to Riley, bringing all his friends with him.

"Not a chance," Ryle replied ,not turning away from her food. 

"What are your guys's names? I'M EVA, THIS IS TINY, ASMAA, NICOLE, NATALIE, TIFFANY, RILEY, AND DEVIN!" She said pointing at every each one of us too enthusiasticly.

"I'm Xander" The boy that Riley threatened to fight responded with a mouth full of food.

"I'm Isreal," The tiny boy next to Xander said shyly.

He looked like he had just transitioned. I was happy for him. No one should be forced in a body they don't feel comfortable in.

"I'm Bryce," A guy with long messy hair declared.

"I'm Clause," a boy from across the table stated as if this was the most boring thing on earth.

"I'm Tyler and this is my boyfriend Cameron ," Nodding his head at the boy next to him who shyly looked down.

"I'm Kai," an Asian boy at the very end of the table called out.

"And, I'm Jonah," another guy sat down with us.

"Yeah, not to sound rude but I'm not going to remember all your names." Eva spoke up apologetically.

"Nah, don't worry about it, most people are bad with names," Kai laughed.

"What are you guys? Like what animal?" I spoke up after I finished chewing.

Something some of the boys didn't bother to do.

"We're the Pumas, you?"

"Wolves," Riley boringly replied.

She had finished her food and upset to see all the food was gone.

"So, most of you might not know this, but it's kind of tradition here to go into the cave at 12am on our first night. Without the counselors. " Xander spoke up, making his voice sound spooky.

Hopelessly failing. The rest of the table picked up their heads in unison to look at Xander, "You guys should come." I looked at Tiffany next to me, who was frowning.

"That actually sounds really cool guys, we should go," Nicole said, looking at the rest of us hoping we would agree.

"Uh, yeah, sure, we'll be there." I spoke up receiving a glare from Riley and Tiffany.

"Great, meet us here?" Before I could answer, Head Counselor Dean spoke up "Campers, usually we'll gather by the campfire but tonight, you'll be going to your cabins. Please dump your trays, find your group and walk back to your cabins as a pack." The whole room began to move into chaos towards the trash cans.

"See ya there," Xander smirked walking away.

"What was the glare for?" I pouted, turning to Tiffany.

"It... Er-um I'll tell you at the cabin." I made a quick turn colliding into a random person and falling to the floor.

"Oh, you okay there?" I took there hand coming face to face with the hottest girl I have ever seen.

"Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." She apologetically looked down at me.

"Oh, um, it's, um, you're fine... No, I mean it's fine. Not that you're not fine but um," I cleared my voice, "Don't worry about it," I smiled.

She smirked looking me up and down, "What's your name?" It took me a moment to remember, but I finally answered, "Devin Chase,"

"Well, Devin Chase, I hope I see you around," she said, winking at me.

After she walked away, I turned to Tiffany still in awe, "Who was that?"

"That my dear friend was Quinn Grey," Tiffany smirked as we both watched her walk away.