Chapter 42

I woke up to the stupid sunlight blinding my eyes. Tiny was sitting on the edge of the bed looking down at something.

"Hey Tiny, do me a favor, move two inches to the left."

Without saying a word she scooched over.

"Thanks," I turned over to unplugged my phone from the chargers provided by Mrs. Ivanov.

Checking my phone I noticed I couldn't log onto facebook, or instagram, or snapchat. I'd open the app but all it would show me was a blank screen.

Hm, odd...

"Devin?" Tiny squeaked.

"Hm?"

"Did you pick me up?...You know, off the ground?"

"Mhm." I kept trying to open the apps, so I wasn't really paying attention to her.

"Devin. Did you put me on your bed?" she said louder getting my attention.

"Oh, uh yeah." I shrugged, it's really no big deal.

There was a long pause"...thank you..."

"Mmhmm." I nodded.

"Why did you do it?" she said laying back down on the bed next to me.

"I dunno." I mumbled.

"Yes you do."

I didn't answer.

"I thought you hated me. But if you did that, that means you don't hate me...right?" She didn't give me a chance to answer, not that I would have. "And if you don't hate me" she went on, "Then maybe you miss how we used to be."

I rolled my eyes. It's really no big deal. I do ONE nice thing. And she over thinks it.

"You know...I miss how we used to be..."

"Oh?"

"Like friends."

"Actually yeah, I do miss being friends with you."

"Yeah maybe even more then friends?"

There she goes again. Why won't she take no for a god damn answer?!?! I.HAVE.A.GIRLFRIEND. Yes I used to like Tiny but I like Quinn now. I'm WITH Quinn now. This is so disrespectful to Quinn AND me. And to Delaney too. Isn't she with Delaney?

"Aren't you with Delaney?" I sat up scowling down at her.

"No. I didn't really like her."

My jaw dropped, and my eyes rose my eyebrows. "Wow."

Her eyes went wide, "I mean I did. I liked Delaney. I just couldn't get over you...and that wouldn't have been fair for her..."

"Oh...okay." I didn't know what else to say.

Asmaa walked in, "What are you doing? It's 7:58. You're gonna miss breakfast and the announcements!"

Looking at each other we jumped of the bed. And all three of us ran down the hallway towards the elevator. Got inside. Got out, and ran to the conference room as the doors were closing.

Walking inside last minute earned us a glare from Agatha. I quickly looked down pretending I didn't see her, and rushed to my table.

"Where were you guys?" Tiffany hissed at us.

But we didn't get a chance to answer because Agatha stepped up to the stage.

"Good morrrning, I hope you are enjoying yourr brreakfast. For zose of you who verre late," she shot quick glare at my table," I hope you enjoy yourr cold breakfast. Today you vill, in a way, get a frree day. You can do whatever yourr little hearrrts desire. You can go into pool. You can valk arrround town. You can go to zeatrrre. Whatever you like, just as long as you behave and have yourrr phone, I do not mind. You all know consequences if you do not follow my rrules, so keep zem in mind." she looked at all of us as if we were stinky garbage.

Head counselor Dean stepped up to the podium. "Haha, you guys heard her." he said nervously, then he cleared his throat." Today, as many of you know, we will be taking you shopping. We will be taking you shopping. The people you are rooming with, will go shopping with you. All four of you will be escorted by a chauffeur, please listen to him. You will be shopping for 2 fancy outfits, 2 semiformal outfits, 3 casual outfits, swimwear, pajamas, a light jacket, 2 pairs of shoes, one pair of dress shoes, or heels. And I think that's it, your chauffeur will have the list. And they will guide you through what is appropriate. Please be respectful to them they are trying to help you. In addition to your clothes, Agatha will be providing you with your medication, hygene products, basically all the little necessities that you may have lost at camp. Oh! And one more thing, I bet many of you have been wondering why your phones aren't working. It's a safety precaution. We don't know who set our camp on fire, and we don't want people coming after us. As long as your in Aspen, you won't have any contact to the outside world. You may call or text anyone who is in Aspen. But that's it. Also you may not tell anyone that you are from this camp. If others ask, you are part of a private school that is staying here for a summer program. In addition Agatha requires that you wear a uniform to all your classes. Speaking of which, your cabin counselor have your schedules in hand. They aren't much different from the original schedule. And I think that's it. Thank you for your time, if you have any questions feel free to ask." He bowed his head and walked off the stage to his husbands embrace.