Chapter 20

Yesterday, Head Counselor Dean kicked us out if his office in a hurry, clearly excited. I don't know what he had in mind, but it's given me hope. It has noticeably brightened the girl's moods, too. Heck, since word got around that we're working to fix things, the camp has lightened up.

"What do you think Dean meant yesterday?" Riley bit into her breakfast burrito.

As if on cue, a grey minivan rolled into the parking lot.

Tiffany whispered under her breathe, "Guys, whatever you do don't get into the van, even if it has candy."

"Aren't those usually white vans?" I glanced at Tiffers, who playfully stuck her tongue out at me.

Riley whistled, "I might not get in the van if there's candy, but I sure as hell will if she's in there."

I turned around to see a VERY attractive n, and an okay looking getting out. He wasn't ugly, let's just say... he's not my type. But the girl certainly is.

"Oooooh, and the guy's cute too!" Riley looked both of them up and down.

"Eh, he's alright." I continued checking out the woman.

"Shut up, Chase, it's only cause you're gay."

"Um, you're gay too."

"Yes, but I'm only fifty percent gay."

"Both of you shut up, and Devin, don't you have a girlfriend?" Tiffany smirked.

"Just because I'm looking at the menu, doesn't mean I gonna order." I stuck my tongue out.

Tiffers narrowed her eyes, I immediately felt bad. I shouldn't say that especially after what I did with Tiny.

"Sorry, I shouldn't joke like that, it was stupid." I submissively looked down.

"It's fine," Tiffany laughed, "It's not like you would act on it." Tiny and I both grimaced at the comment.

"Um, excuse me?" I turned to look at the woman who had just gotten out of the van, "Do you know where we can find Dean Higgins' office?"

"Oh! Let me take you!" Riley practically leaped out of her chair.

"Oh! That's so sweet of you! Thank you so much!" The woman hugged Riley. Probably not knowing what she was doing which I think is a little dumb, you don't need gaydar to know that this place is crawling with gays.

"No problemo." Riley turned to wink at us.

"Campers?" Dean stood at the baby stage thingy to get our attention. I really need to find out the name for that thing.

"This is Mila Norris, she is a journalist for the New York Times, she will be pulling some of you aside to interview you. This is Steve Jacobi, he is a photographer who will be taking pictures. Treat them with respect and carry-on throughout the day like you usually do. They are here to help our camp by getting the word out. Any questions?"

"Is Steve single?" a boy called out.

"No, he's taken, any more questions?"

A couple hands came up, Dean sighed, "Mila is also taken." There were no more hands.

"Okay, great! Enjoy your day, everyone!"

I stood to throw my plate away, "Hey, you!" Mila Norris approached me. "Is it okay if I ask you a few questions?"

"Yeah," I shrugged passively as if this beautiful woman wasn't talking to me.

"Why are you at this camp?"