Chapter 8

"Alright, girls, time to get up." Page turned on the blinding lights.

I groaned in disapproval, turned and ducked under my blanket.

"Y'all better be ready in ten," She said, walking out of the room.

A few seconds later I heard Eva announce, "GOOD MORNING." Probably with a huge smile on her face.

Did that girl ever run out if energy? If we gave her coffee, we would create a monster.

I felt someone climb up my bed and lightly shake my shoulder,"Devin?" It was Tiny.

I stayed still and unresponsive hoping she would go away, she didn't.

"Devin, come on, we have to get up,"

"NO," I moaned into my pillow.

"Devin, if we don't leave soon, there won't be any breakfast left."

"WHAT?!?!?" Riley, our food fanatic, sat straight up.

She marched over to my bed and yelled, "DEVIN CHASE, YOU BETTER GET UP RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE I AM NOT MISSING BREAKFAST BECAUSE OF YOU!"

​​​​​​And with one swift motion grabbed my arm and yanked me off my bed, letting me crash down to the ground. Luckily for Riley, nothing hurt, I just missed my bed. Looking around the room, I was the only one still in my pajamas. I looked at Tiffany, who was changing and was currently in her underwear, I immediately looked away. I tried to distract myself. Many people tell rape victims that it's their fault they got raped because of what they were wearing. I honestly think it's bullshit, you should never, ever blame the victim. First of all, there are women who where niquabs and hijabs, which are some of the most covered forms of clothing, yet they've been raped. And second of all, if Lesbians can control themselves in a girls only changing room with naked women walking around, then men should be able to control themselves with clothed girls walking down the street.

"Girls, we have a new addition to our wolf pack!" Page called from downstairs.

All the girls excitedly rushed downstairs, leaving me alone. Except Tiny, she was still on my bed, looking down at me. Wanting to look cute for Quinn Grey, I picked out a white tank top to go with a cute black bra. I put on jean shorts and white converse which I knew I would later regret. Finally, I finished my look off with a white and blue plaid shirt, hoping the plaid would send a little message to Quinn.

Something like, "I'm lesbian, come make out with me!"

I'm really bad at flirting, and I'm not the most forward person on earth. So, I was hoping the plaid would let her know, ya know? Despite what you might think, Lesbians don't go running around yelling, "I'M LESBIAN," Hoping another nearby lesbian would hear and approach us. As cool as it sounds, we don't have a lesbian mating call. The closest thing we have is short hair and plaid shirts. And with straight, asexual, and other sexualities rocking short hair and plaid shirts, we're back to square one. In reality, it's kinda scary, you're wondering whether she's lesbian or not. And you would think a heavily gay populated camp would make things easier.... nope. Many people get offended when you assume their sexuality, even if it's an honest mistake. I put on my and ran downstairs with Tiny following behind me. All the girls were surrounding this She had shaved hair, a blue off-the-shoulder blouse and black shorts. I walked down the stairs and smiled at her, "Hey, I'm Devin, what's your name?"

"Oh, um it's...Mia." She looked slightly uncomfortable, but maybe that's because she was shy.

Hoping to make her feel welcome, I said, "If you want some extra girl clothes, you're free to raid my luggage." I winked at her.

She gave me the biggest and brightest smile I have ever seen, showing me she was grateful.

"Okay, girls," Page spoke up, interrupting our meet and greet, "We're late for breakfast meaning it might all be gone by the ti-"

"NOOOO!" Riley screeched while running out the door, and we chased after her, down the hill.