Chapter 25

An overly cheerful Head Counsellor Dean hopped up to the mini stage "Attention campers! TODAY'S FIELD DAY!"

His enthusiasm was met by many whoops and cheers which were followed by some halfhearted whoops and cheers, making him chuckle.

"The games officially start at 10. The day will be based off around the volleyball tournament. The tournament is against cabins. Winner gets two free items of their choice from the gift shop and will have unlimited seconds for the next week."

"YEEEEESSSSS!" Riley pumped her fist in the air.

"Besides the volleyball tournament, we have other activities like football, cliff diving, fishing, soccer, rock climbing, yoga, water polo, some partner activities and more! So, make sure you sign up, the sign ups are over by the the cafeteria doors. Enjoy your breakfast. And Do. NOT. Forget. To. Throw. Out. Your. Trash! Or I swear to the gay gods!"

"Hey! Devin! You and um, I should do a partner activity," Tiny smiled, grabbing my hand.

"Um, okay." I fake smiled, pulling me hand away feeling a little uncomfortable. Her and I haven't talked about that night that we kissed. I want to forget about it, it was stupid and didn't mean anything.

Not paying much attention to my reaction she joyfully skipped to the roster, as I followed behind.

"What do you wanna do?" she looked over her shoulder at me smiling.

"I don't know," I mumbled, shrugging. "Um, let's do the paint ball wars."

"What are you doing?" I turned around to face Quinn, she looked mad.

"Oh, we were just going to do a activity together! Like as a team! Together!" Tiny smiled a little too sweetly at Quinn.

"Um, no. No, you're not." Quinn marched over to my side grabbing my hand. "I don't want you with her." she whisper-shouted.

"It's just an activity, th-"

"NO! ...Just no, I don't want you with her. Not after what you did."

"Right, sorry." l looked down at the ground. "Sorry, Aurora." I said, looking at Tiny, calling her by her real name. Calling her Tiny is affectionate, I don't want to give her that idea. I don't even like her like that I don't know why I kissed her. I know one thing for sure though, it was a mistake.

"Oh! Uh, um," Tiny choked on her words, realizing I just chose Quinn over her. "Excuse me." Her voice went hard for a second, pushing through us.

"So, you wanna do paint balling!" Quinn turned to me, smiling, as if nothing just happened.

"Yeah sure."

"DEVIN!" Riley charged at me. "The tournament is starting and our cabin is coming up next! I NEED the unlimited seconds for the food. We are NOT losing so come on!"

"Okay! Coming! I have to go," I turned to Quinn.

"Okay, have fun. But just remember, you can't blame me for the way I am. You broke my trust and I can't trust you anymore. I like you, a lot, okay? And despite what you did, I forgive you." Before I could respond she embraced me and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

I don't want her to hold my mistake over my head, but to be honest, that's what I get.