Chapter 47

"Uh," I looked nervously at Riley.

"We, uh..." Riley struggled, "wanted to..."

"SAY THANK YOU!" I blurted out.

Riley laughed nervously, "Haha yeah."

"Yup." I nodded, proud of myself.

Agatha stood there arms crossed, looking unamused and impatient. "Is zat all?"

"Well, yeah kind of, but seriously though. Thank you so much for all you have done for our camp." Riley sweetly smiled, looking grateful.

"Yeah, you helped us in our time of need even when you didn't have to." I followed Riley's lead.

"Seriously thank you so so so soooo much."

Agatha's face softened,"Yourr velcome." She said in a softer voice than her usual harsh, sharp one.But quckly composed back to her tough exterior," Anyzing else I can help you vith?"

"Uh yes!"

"You can tell us more about the...uh...volunteering!"

Quinn's POV

I walked out of the boutique and waited outside for the rest of the girls to finish. The boutique's nice, it's just that they don't sell my style of clothes.

I like what some would consider "boyish." In there it's kind of like a flashier Victoria's Secret 2.0. The smell of perfume is toxicating. And the clothes are all covered in sparkles and sequins.

Plus it's hot and stuffy in there so I prefer to stay outside. Not that it's much better, it's hot out here at 104 degress fahrenheit. I'm sweating a lot, my hair and forehead are drenched in sweat. And before long my shirt probably will too.

It's too hot, I need something to cool down. I look around for a answer to my problem

BINGO.

There happens to be an ice cream shop right across the steet. My hand goes straight to my pocket, I have $10 that I've been holding onto since we left camp. Hopefully it's enough.

I begin the cross the street, it's not my turn to walk. A truck's approaching, but it's far, I should be able to make it across just in time.

Plus it's a fifteen miles per hour zone, if they see me they should be able to stop.

I begin to cross.

Lost in thought, day dreaming about what I'm gonna get, and probably walking a little too slow.

A loud blaring horn pulls me out of my head.

I find the cause. Out of no where a Prius ran the red light.

Coliding with the big red truck, flipping the Prius

I couldn't move, my body wouldn't let me. It's all happening too fast.

My body is in the middle of the road.

And the Prius is headed straight towards me.

2 seconds until impact.

I can't move.

I close my eyes and brace myself for impact.

Devin. Is my last thought.