Chapter 48

Devin's POV

I'm back in the pool deck reading a book I found in the lobby. It's nothing interesting, it's a guide on how to get out of a sticky situation in case I run into a wild animal.

For a Puma or Mountain lion, act like a boss, stand up straight and don't run. If you come across a monkey act cool and don't look them in the eyes. If you come across a moose give it space and try to climb on a tree. For a brown bear, it says to act dead or run. Which doesn't sound reasonable, because the bear could easily catch up to you.

If you're swimming and there's a hippo try to go for dry land and run, otherwise pray. For cape buffalos, it says to just pray because no one survives those.

"Well, that's helpful," I mumbled sarcastically.

"Hey, Devin."

I looked up from my book, Tiny was wearing a light pink , with little ruffles. I could never do ruffles, but of course Tiny pulls it off effortlessly.

"You look good," I say glancing down, at the book, page 32.

"Thanks!" She blushed, "Mind if I sit?" she said gesturing to the seat next to me.

"Uh yeah, go ahead."

Setting her towel down she puts on her pink sunglasses and sits. There's a long awkward silence, so I reopen my book and continue reading. Cheetahs...out of the corner of my eye Tiny begins to put sunscreen on her long smooth legs.

"She's gonna catch you starring, look back at the book." My shoulder angel warned me.

"It's fine you have sunglasses. And plus she has such nice legs, and with the sun and..." my shoulder Devil sighed.

She looked back at me, I jerked my head to my book, blowing my cover. Now it was obvious I was staring.

"Can you help me?" she asked, "with the sunscreen, can you rub it onto my back?"

"Hi it's me, your shoulder angel, DON'T DO IT. Quinn will kill you!"

"Pshhh calm down you're just helping her out, it's not like you're having sex."

"Do NOT act like this is innocent. You know her motives aren't so innocent. Do you not watch movies? This is the oldest trick in the book!" my angel retorted.

Ignoring them I said, "Uh s-sure...come here."

She came over and sat in between my legs, her back to me. I squeezed the sunscreen out onto my hand and began rubbing it into her back

"I saw you and Riley talking to Agatha, what was that about?" she asked casually.

"Uh long story short, we were distracting her while Page snuck into her office."

"Oh okay."

There was another awkward pause.

"Huh? Is that Quinn I see?" my should angel shouted, making me jump.

"Oh my god, stop it. Quinn's shopping right now. Everything is perfectly fine you're not doing anything wrong." my devil reassured me, glaring at my shoulder angel.

"Is everything okay? "Tiny turned to face me, she was sitting crisscross apple sauce now, in between my legs, facing me. "

"Uh yeah," I said glancing at the doors.

"You seem tense," she said leaning in. She's WAY too close now. "Do you want a massage?" her beautiful eyes looked into mine.

"Ooh she smells good." my devil commented. "And her lips look so soft..."