Chapter 21

It's been three days since the very attractive journalists, oh and the other guy... whatever he did, came to interview us. I'm honestly very excited to see what they have done with our stories and what the public will think.

Sure, there is going to be lots of hate but maybe there will be more empathy? Maybe. Hopefully, fingers crossed.

These past few days have been better, slow, but better. It's as if we're scared to go fast because as soon as we get comfortable, the homophobes will invade and tear our camp down.

Like we're anxious to turn the corner because we don't know what's gonna pop out.

Maybe we will get lovely news that Ellen bought an island, became president of that island and invited all the lesbians, gays, asexuals, transgenders, romantics, non-binaries, gender fluids etc to list e with her.

Or maybe we might get news that the homophobic peasants are invading our precious camp along with our parents and the law.

Honestly, I don't understand people sometimes "Oh! You can't marry whoever you want! Oh, you can't have sex with the same gender! Oh, you can't be a different GENDER! BUT TOUCH MY AR-15 AND YOU'RE OPPRESSING MY RIGHTS!"

Like buddy come on now the 2nd amendment was made in 1791. Back then guns could only fire one or two rounds per minute. An AR-15 shoots 45 rounds a minute.

In 2015, 30,215 Americans were killed by guns. That is like 10, 9/11 attacks in ONE year.

I'm NOT saying "TAKE GUNS AWAY." I just don't understand why some people are set on protecting something that has caused harm and makes killing ridiculously easy. But don't want to protect a HUMAN who doesn't feel comfortable in the body they are in. Or a HUMAN who loves the same gender. Or a HUMAN that doesn't feel sexual attraction. The point is we're all human and being human means that we must value one another no matter their race, sexuality, gender, religion, disability, etc. Because every single person and life matters. And it would be inhumane to neglect that.