Chapter 39

After the fight, I shrunk into a little ball and looked through Pinterest for an hour or two. We got off for breakfast, and later on, we got lunch.

I woke up again five hours later, my clock read 7 pm. We're 986 miles away from Camp. Where are they taking us?

"Hey, sleepy head," Page ruffled my hair.

"Um, where are we?" I looked out the window, it was almost dark the sun gave off a tiny bit of light.

"We're in the rocky mountains right now."

"Do you know where they're taking us?"

"Beats me." She shrugged, "But it better be good, we passed Burlington, Genoea, Peoña, Bennet, Aurora, Denver, Northfield, Commerce City, Black Hawk, Grays Peak, Frisco, Dotsero, Glenwood Springs, Snowmass, and Woody Creek."

I blinked at her, "I have no idea what you just said."

"Oh, sorry." She smiled at herself. "I'm good with Geography. Especially here since I used to live here."

"You lived in Colorado?"

"Yup."

"Oh, so what's next?"

"Aspen."

Not knowing what Aspen was, I just nodded and looked back at my phone.

A few minutes later the bus stopped, we all started getting up, eager to stretch our legs. But the counselor at the front of the bus told us to remain seated until further notice.

The bus doors opened and in stepped Head Counselor Dean. He didn't seem like his usual energetic, happy self. His icy blue eyes looked watery and tired. His mouth formed a tight straight line. And his face was a blank slate, you couldn't see any emotion.

"Good afternoon," he nodded at us, keeping his serious demeanor, "I know you all must have a lot of questions. Unfortunately, I cannot answer them right now." He looked behind him as if someone were following us. Then, he continued, "Right, now, we have to get off the bus quickly. We will be staying at this hotel called Osina's Hotel. We will go out in separate groups at separate times so we do to not attract too much attention. I expect you to be in your best behavior. And do not talk to anybody on the way in. ESPECIALLY if they do not go to this camp. If you get lost and can't find the hotel, you may ask for help. But ABSOLUTELY under NO circumstances tell them you belong to this camp, or that you're here with this camp. Once you have gathered all your things, follow your cabin counselor inside the hotel. Please, stay together. And we will all meet in conference room B6 twelve. Take a seat and wait until further instruction. Please, don't forget to be on your best behavior, for your own sake and those around you." With that, he hopped off the bus, on his way to the next one.