Chapter 57

Tiffany's POV

My ears rung from the sound of the gun shot. She was dead. I didn't look at her but I knew she was. I could tell from the way everyone else sceamed and cried. Loudest of all Tiny."You killed her!"she yelled at the shortman with a man bun.
He looked petrified, as if he didn't mean too shoot. As if the realization that he just killed someone had just washed over him. He was breathing heavily as if he had just run a marathon. His eyes were wide starring at the body before him, shaking his head.
My eyes finally followed his line of sight to Devin's body. She lay motionless almost peaceful.
I wish her death was peaceful...but instead she died from the piercing of a bullet.
She was dead before the gunshot reached my ears.
Page began to herd us into the concrete prison.
"NO!" Tiny screeched ducking under Page's arm, running to Devin's body. The rest of us followed suit. Tiny threw herself onto Devin's body. I winced on behalf of Devin. The way Tiny fell on her must've hurt. The rest of the girls bent down and rested a hand on her. I was the last one standing. I didn't want to touch her dead body. I don't know why but it scared me, as if her death was contagious.
My eyes glazed over her one last time, my form of saying goodbye. When something caught me eye. There was a bulge sticking out covered by her shirt. Bending down I slightly lifted the shirt, revealing a gun. Glancing back at Page and the two guys they didn't seem to be looking. They were arguing and shouting by the van.
Quickly, I took the gun out of her waist band and stuffed it into mine.
"Thank you."I whispered standing up.
My attention went back to the adults.

"I did not sign up for this!" the short man shouted back at Page.
"You do as I say! It's too late to go back now. We need to get rid of all the whitnesses. And I suggest you keep your mouth shut, or you might end up like her." she said pointing at Devin. Catching sight of me, Page stopped talking. "Get them in the shack, NOW!"she hissed, hopping into the van.
The two men started walking towards us menacingly.
I could end it all right now...I could pull my gun out, shoot Page, Baldy, and man bun. I could save us all, and we could escape.
The gun felt cold pressed against my skin, as if reminding me of it's presence.
I hesitated.
"Do it now!"my mind screamed.
It was the perfect opportunity, just 3 shots, and all three targets seemed easy enough.
"Do it now!"
My hand went to my waist band, but the rest of my body froze.
"Do it now!"
I can't kill. I can't. Baldy and man bun started aproaching us.
"Do it now!"
They started herding up the girls as if they were animals.
"They don't deserve to live. Do it now!"
Man bun was five feet away from me.
"DO IT NOW!"
He slowly walked toward me. There was fear and sadness in his eyes.
"I can't."I mumbled under my breath as he gently pushed me in the direction of the shack.
I was the last to walk inside before they slammed the door behind me and locked it.
We stood there the whole night. The shack was even crappier on the inside. The floor was all dirt. Whoever built this didn't bother to make a floor. The walls were tall, the roof had fallen in and it stunk horribly.
It only got worse at night fall, mosquitos were everywhere biting us from all places. I swear at on point I was doing the macarena trying to get them off.
Mosquitos weren't the only thing. All kinds of bugs were cralling all around us. Earlier today I saw a huge spider over where Brittany is currently sitting.
Nicole kept trying to break down the door, but the only thing she got was a badly bruised shoulder.
Riley tried digging at the ground but it was too dry and it would take us ages to get through.
Even if we could get through, we have no idea which way to to go, we will get lost. And might even encounter a wild animal like a wolf, or a bear.
Riley was still digging at the ground."Please God just give me some rain. Please!"
I shook my head at her prayer, I respect that she's a Christian. But I don't think God cares about us. If he did we wouldn't have gone to the stupid camp in the first place. If God cared about us our camp wouldn't of set on fire. If he cared about us Devin wouldn't be dead. And if he cared about us we wouldn't be stranded in the woods, about to die.
I doubt praying is going to do anything.
I don't know how, but I was able to fall asleep amongst all the bugs. I woke up around dawn.
Everyone else was awake.
None of us spoke to each other. We kept our eyes down, and stayed put. The only sound was the chirping of the birds flying freely.
"We need to get out of here." Tiny mumbled causing all of us to look up at her. "You heard Page,"she said looking directly at me."they said they're going to get rid of all the witnesses."
We all stayed quiet.
"I don't know about you, but I don't want to end up like Devin. I don't want any of you to end up like Devin.
We need to get out of here."
"How?"Nicole spoke hoarsly.
"Maybe we can hoist Tiny up to the roof, since she's the lightest."
"Then what?" Brittany asked.
"I guess we'll find out."Riley gave her sister a tiny smile.
"On three, one,two...three." we all grunted. Tiny was heavier than she looked.
Tiny was up on the roof and carefully crawled up towards the wall.
I heard a creak and she paused.
"Keep going." Nicole assured her.
Tiny took another step, the ceiling groaned and in a moments noticed cashed down taking Tiny with it.
"Tiny you okay?"
"Mhm, i got a bunch of scrapes but otherwise I'm fine."
Luckily nobody got caught under the roof.
"I sighed, anyone got plan B?"