Chapter 36

"Shit!" Quinn cursed running towards camp, leaving everything behind. Including her shoes.

I followed but turned around before meeting the tree-line, and quickly blew out the tiny harmless, wavering flame of the candle. It seemed so insignificant compared to the fire eating away at our camp. But you know...just in case.

I ran as best I could towards camp, but between all the uneven ground, the fear of twisting an ankle, the lack of shoes, and the cut in my foot I wasn't advancing as much as I would have liked.

Eventually I reached the clearing, revealing the camp. Smoke covered the sky, I couldn't see the moon or the stars. My skin itches from the heat the fire gives off. The campers all part of the chaos as well. Some were frozen, others crying, and others aimlessly running around. If hell were real, I'd imagine it to look like this. The scene was despairing. I wanted to help but my body stood frozen gawking at the sight. A rage filled me I wanted to let it out, cry, throw a tantrum, hit something, fight something.

But doing that's not gonna help anyone, I need to help. But first I need to move.

I ran to this counselor at the Bear cabin, "How can I help?"

A little girl ran next to me, "Yeah, I wanna help too."

The counselor nodded, "Run to the wolf cabin, they've got it the worst."

I nodded and ran as fast as I could, ignoring the pain on my foot. It really doesn't matter right now.

Even at the foot of the hill, I could feel the heat coming of from the burning cabin and trees. On the top my skin felt like it was burning, and I was more then ten feet away from the cabin.

The counselor was right, the wolf's cabin had the worst fire. The cabin looked like it was about ready to collapse. The flames had also caught onto the surrounding trees. The fire was huge and eating away at my home.

Unlike me who stopped and hesitated, the little girl charged towards the cabin.

"Who's still in there?" She yelled out.

"Eva!"

Without hesitation, the kid ran into the burning cabin.

"Kid!" I yelled reaching for her arm. She ignored me and went inside.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath. I shifted my feet deciding whether I should go in or not.

I looked around bedsides the extras here to help, there was Tiffany, Megan, Mia, Brittaney, Riley, Asmaa, Nicole, and Natalie. The only one missing was Eva.

...and Aurora.

Fuck it, I'm going in.

I charged towards the door, this is the stupidest thing I have ever done.

Right before, I got in the little girl appeared with Eva around her shoulders.

"Someone else is in there."

She nodded, "I know and the dog." She broke into a coughing fit before continuing, "He's under the door, it's too heavy for me to lift.

The girl led me over to the stairs where Tiny was collapsed, unconscious, and barely breathing.

I picked her up as carefully as I could, bridal style. God she may be small, but this bitch is heavy. I shifted on my right foot immediately feeling a sharp pain shoot up my leg, almost making me drop Heavy-er uh I mean Tiny.

"Hey! I need help with the door!"

Gently setting Tiny down on the ground I wobbled towards the door. It was off it hinges and a corner of it broke a hole into the floor, trapping Mr. Mcfluffball's leg.

The poor dog whimpered and howled trying to set himself free.

"Okay ready? On three...1...2...3." Pushing the door up. Wolf got out from under it before he dropped it back down with a slam breaking the already weakened floor under us. Quickly getting out, the girl picked up Wolf who, tried limping the rest of his way out of the house but his leg bent at a weird angle suggesting it was broken.

The smoke was getting worse and I couldn't see anything. My feet were on fire, not literally but they sure felt like it. My throat was hoarse and I could hardly breathe. My head hurt, and I felt like I was about to pass out.

Finally making it out the door, I carelessly dropped Tiny onto the grass, not really caring. She's fine, if it weren't for me she'd have died in that fire. The girl wouldn't have been able to lift her. The last thing I'm worried about is her getting a scratch.

Other things are more important, like how to get water, how to put out the fire, and speaking of which, where are the fucking firefighters and policemen?

Also, how did this fire start?