General instructions

REMEMBER, THIS IS FICTION!

All characters in this publication are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons or real animals, living or dead, is purely coincidental. This writing is a product of imagination. The events in the story does occasionally have some counterparts in real life. This doesn't mean the counterparts in question are to be taken lightly in real life. So if a beast of the story, which obviously has a counterpart in reality, is understood, according to the story, to be friendly, the same quality may not be present in its real counterpart. Wildlife doesn't follow the logic of humans and thus is unpredictable. So don't play with wild animals as if they were pets.

READING INSTRUCTIONS

Shortie or Ccookie? 

It's up to you.

CULTURE COOKIE (Ccookie)

It's advisable to read each Culture Cookie or face each challenge in the appendices whenever referred to in the body of the text by Shortie or Ccookie? or Challengor. Ccookies build up your knowledge of this multifaceted world by giving you information, mostly through Magpie's and Panda's conversation, about Western vs. Eastern mindsets and surroundings, while Challengors further your thinking skills.

SHORTIE

However if you choose to keep on following the course of the action-packed plot, you take a shortcut. In that case you ignore the Ccookie (or Challengor) in question for the time being. You can of course go to it any time later. 

SKID AND YOU'LL END UP IN A DITCH

When you read, don't let anything disturb you, just read the chapter from beginning to end without any break (unless of course you are asked to do otherwise in the body of the text.) This prevents you from losing track of the plot.