EPILOGUE 3

When you meet a person for the first time, you also meet his personality, his background with its good and bad effects, his aspirations and his possible health issues. These may not be obvious at first but they are sure to have an influence on your communication, sooner or later. When entering a home, you not only meet these things but also the family members' interaction, either well-working or not so well-working. Besides you may need to have an invitation to enter, or else there may be a conflict. When entering a foreign country, the above-mentioned things usually need to be met. In addition there are other things to be considered.

First, the relationship between your native country and the country you are about to enter has an impact on what things you need to take into account before you enter. If you are a Finnish citizen, you can enter Sweden without being stopped if you cross the border by car in Haparanda. When you fly to Sweden, your passport is checked. When you fly to a destination outside the European Union, you may, or may not, need more than a passport with you. So if you fly to Hong Kong, you can enter it by producing your passport and stay there for 92 days. However if you enter mainland China, you need to have a visa, alongside with your passport. Moreover, when it comes to a visa, there are several requirements to be met to get a visa. Depending on the type of visa you are applying for, you may need an invitation, flight tickets, the name of the accommodation and so on. So you have to get to know the details on the matter.

Second, even though you have an invitation to enter a home, you need to respect their ways of doing things. The same applies to entering a foreign country. You need to pay attention to the local culture, or else there will be a conflict, sooner or later. So you cannot expect them to behave in the same way you do back home in your native country. This is why you need to get to know more about them, about their lifestyle and about their culture to be able to communicate more successfully with them. If you visit a country for a short time like for a few days or for a week, your knowledge of the people you meet and of the customs they have don't necessarily require a lot of studying. However, the longer you stay there, the more important it is to get to know their personal and culture-related matters.

Third, successful communication not only requires a knowledge of, and a respect for, cultural features but also a language in common between you and the natives of the country. In many cases it is a language both you and they have learned well enough. This third language usually gives you more freedom to make mistakes and still be accepted whereas if you use either one's native language, things may get a bit more complicated unless both of you know that different cultural backgrounds cause many of the mistakes and many of the misunderstandings. Both of them are excused in so many miscarriages because of the knowledge of the cultural differences playing their tricks in communication. For instance when a Chinese meet a Finn for the first time, they think Finns are stone-faced, expressionless, which gives them an idea of hostility towards them but the more Chinese people are with Finns they realise most Finns are helpful. For the Chinese life is drama but not for Finns. On the other hand when a Finn is among the Chinese, he may get an idea of impoliteness or bad manners because they, especially between family members, don't often greet or thank.

When Wolverine enters China through Shekou Port, no-one spots him and, as a result, no-one stops him from entering. This is thanks to his innate ability, as an animal, to be wary of anything that moves because it may give rise to a conflict. One of the few reasons good enough to face a conflict is to satisfy one's hunger, for survival. When it comes to Wolverine, he has developed this to an extreme. So whenever there is a chance to catch prey, he makes use of the situation. So the kind of glutton he is he makes sure he doesn't run out of food. So he steals a fish at the marketplace and then in a restaurant. Going indoors to steal food makes the situation more serious because now he pushes his way right into the sanctuary of Chinese social life and scares a lot of people out of their wits.