CHAPTER 41

While the patrols are meeting the injured parties, both the rescue team, of course including Wolverine, and the commando team were summoned before Dragon and Santa.

Santa starts,

Wolverine, a lot has happened in a short time since you arrived in Shenzhen, and most of it is some sort of harm done by YOU here and there and in so many other places.

Yes, I must admit A lot but...

Wolverine, now it's not for YOU to talk but to listen. And still you have to pay attention to HOW you listen. Because we wouldn't be here to sort out this mess if you had asked your fine friends what they had been planning to do to get Magpie back to Finland. But you just jumped to a conclusion, kept your own counsel and acted upon it. You didn't ask any advice, did you.

Wolverine nodded humbly and remained silent.

So Wolverine, why did you leave for China on your own?

Well, the door was ajar and I heard my friends talking about Magpie's being in Shenzhen, so I gathered they don't think I'm any use in solving this problem. That's why I decide to show them I'm capable of doing it by myself.

Well, how has it been going on so far, I mean, solving this problem?

Not very well I think.

What did you say because I couldn't quite hear it?

Not very well, Sir.

You've got THAT right.

And now, Wolverine's friends, listen to me. You didn't want to share this problem with Wolverine. How do you feel, does this have anything to do with the fact we are here now?

The friends answer in chorus, 'We plead guilty as charged.'

Plead guilty, for what?

For not having Wolverine's involvement with solving this problem.

So the next time there is a problem, remember this, 'Even the walls have ears.' Be sure there is no-one listening, if you don't want anyone to listen.

And you see, Wolverine did something right too.

What?!

He got to Shenzhen very quickly, didn't he? But having lived alone a lot during his life, he really needs your help to be in touch with strangers successfully. He hasn't socialised a lot, you see. But when you make a joint effort to reach a goal, you'll be much more successful. Wolverine takes care of how to get there quickly and you make sure the communication with foreigners is successful.

So Wolverine must have been turned onto the mode of his basic survival instinct, misguided by it, trying to catch something to eat, which translates into making trouble in local people's eyes. That's why the locals wanted to catch him and prevent him from making more trouble. During this chase Wolverine gradually forgot about the reason why he came here.

Exactly.

It is Dragon's turn to say something.

The first impressions are what they are. When we get to know someone better, we have a more substantial idea who he is. Now we know Wolverine is a useful member in his team and is learning more to be even better. By supporting each other we can make the most of the good that each of us possess. Without our teams it is hard for each of us alone to reach our full potential.

Moreover, I'm happy to have had a chance to get to know Santa. We had a very constructive discussion about the crisis at hand, which finally resulted in an agreement.

Now we know more about each other and we can be sure we now have more mutual understanding, which makes our future together more successful.

There will be more co-operation between Santa's Village and our city in the future. Whether it will take place very soon or a bit later, well, we'll get an answer very soon when the two police officers come back from their police station bringing the response from the injured parties to Santa's proposal.

Wolverine takes a deep breath and then tries to relax but, you know, a watched pot never boils. So he just has to grin and bear it until he gets to know the injured parties' response.