CHAPTER 33

Another flash hits the shambles of Dragon. What happens next makes Monkey gape in all amazement. He can see a real dragon coming out of the wreckage and taking wing. What makes it even more amazing is that Monkey can see the surroundings through the dragon's eyes, ever more clearly now that the thunderstorm is dying down.

'It is a real dragon!' exclaims Monkey to the police officers.

They respond, 'We had better take cover!'

To their relief, Dragon doesn't fly towards them but turns his back on them and goes higher and higher to have a better view of the surroundings. He knows instinctively what to look for.

'The beast, where are you? Come out and fight to save your life, come out and fight. You are not the one who gives up easily, or are you? A coward? COWARD!'

While climbing uphill under the cover of the dense foliage, Wolverine hears this huge flying monster mocking him and is feeling beside himself with fury but manages to control his feelings and won't rush out of the thicket. He chooses to go forward undercover, not to expose himself for the hunting eyes.

'Wolverine is your name, isn't it? Come out Wolverine!'

Wolverine hears his own name mentioned and is really shocked.

'How can he know who I am?!'

'I know you Wolverine. I know what you are like. You are not a quitter, or are you?!'

Wolverine freezes to his place, lies low and waits. Fortunately soon enough it is getting dark so he keeps on moving forward without anybody noticing.

The pursuers realise it's too dark, even though they have night vision goggles on, to keep on searching for the beast. Monkey says, 'Let's call it a day, take a rest and keep on looking early in the morning. Dragon sees better in daylight so we get more feed from him then.'