EPILOGUE 2

Shenzhen sounds like a perfect hub for a mission to make oneself known in mainland China because it has a lot of immigrants from various parts of huge China. When these people get to know more about Santa they will inevitably be in touch with their relatives sooner or later and tell them about Santa in their home towns and home villages.

Santa chose Magpie to be the first to go to Shenzhen. It was a good idea to choose him for gaining more ground in the hearts of the Chinese because the magpie is highly valued among the Chinese. This is something Magpie didn't know then and may not know very well even now but he may have a hunch because he was treated very well there. But Santa knew better to send Magpie to China, not only for cultural value, but also because he knows Magpie is smart. However Magpie didn't end up there because he was willing to go there; comfort-loving Magpie would have tried all his best to avoid being forced to go away from his free McDonald's meals. So Santa used magic to transfer Magpie there. As presumed Santa's genius plan worked and Magpie got to know Panda there and has now an excellent local contact in this beautiful, multicultural city of an abundance of connections with so many parts in China.

Nevertheless in life even the best laid plans may come to nothing, or at least occasionally they encounter setbacks. A setback of potential gravity occurred when one of the nine fine animals eloped to China not only voluntarily but very willingly only a few weeks away from the Christmas present rides. Even though we can congratulate Wolverine on volunteering he should have made sure he knows what he has volunteered for. Wolverine is a man of action and a self-made man so he thought he could solve the problem on his own.

When trying to help his friend Magpie get back to Finland Wolverine has unknowingly entered the world he is not familiar with. The people in Shenzhen have customs of their own, not the ones he is used to. Moreover, his temperament doesn't fit the bill either. Wolverine is not a man of words, even less of negotiations, he just takes what he wants; for almost all his life he has lived in forests so he hasn't had any need to share, nor was there any chance to get to know any complicated customs. So it didn't take long before he caused a lot of mess and a lot of commotion in Shenzhen and is now being chased by the locals.

Santa knows his team, his nine fine animals, but still when there is a will, there is a way. So Wolverine had made up his mind to act alone and didn't share his plans with anybody. That's why Santa didn't know what Wolverine was up to. So he asked the other animals what was going on and concluded Wolverine must have eloped to Shenzhen to help Magpie back to Finland. Hearing an alarming piece of news from Shenzhen he immediately sends his rescue team there.

However, the siege around Wolverine is quickly tightening. Will the rescue team be there early enough, and smart enough, to save Wolverine from ending up in a complete disaster?

Then Santa's mission to conquer the hearts of the Chinese would be seriously challenged too.