CHAPTER 23

Meanwhile Wolverine is jogging along yet another street in Shenzhen. It is a sunny winter afternoon. The temperature has risen to + 22°C. Back home in Finland this would be one of the warmest days in any summer.

Wolverine feels a bit hot, stops to look around, panting. He sees some people are carrying skates with them.

'What? Do they have ice somewhere here? In the middle of a summer weather like this?!' wonders Wolverine.

He watches the people from a distance and sees them go through an open door to the shopping mall. He comes out of the shade, runs quickly across the road. And in he goes, through the door.

People inside step quickly aside, with their mouths open in amazement. This doesn't scare Wolverine. He keeps on following the ones with the skates and sees there is an ice hockey rink in there.

In no time at all he barges onto the ice, lies down on the cold ice and sighs of relief. It feels so comfortable to cool down on the ice. But the others on the ice get scared because this strange-looking animal has come to the ice rink and is now lying there among them.

Then he stands up and starts pretending to be playing ice hockey as if he was an excellent ice hockey player.

'Guard. Guard! Come get this creature out of here!'

Because of the terrible uproar Wolverine decides it's time to go away. He jumps over the fence, turns around quickly and runs out the way he came in. At the entrance the guards are not quick enough to catch him with a net and he manages to disappear into the dense traffic.

However, some people have managed to take a photo of this escaping, horrifying-looking creature and to share it with their friends on WeChat. It doesn't take long before the photo reaches the police headquarters. The photo is printed out and spread to several districts. It says in the photo

'If you see this beast, don't approach it. Immediately tell the police where it is.'