CHAPTER 25

So now it's time to tell Santa Claus who belong to the rescue team.

THE RESCUE TEAM:

COMMUNICATOR, DIPLOMAT: REINDEER RUDOLPH (+MAGPIE: LOCAL CONTACT)

PROTECTOR: BROWN BEAR

MASTERMIND: FOX (KEPT OUT OF SIGHT)

LOCAL AND TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION: MAGPIE

SUBSTITUTE: MAGPIE (can't be the PROTECTOR though)

Santa's reaction to the information on the members of the team is this,

Yes, I think you have chosen the right ones for this rescue mission.

But is it necessary for the team to go there? What if the locals just shot Wolverine an arrow with some tranquilizer and sent him back to Finland tied and drugged?

Wolverine's friends feel shocked when they hear Santa say something like that. However, for the great respect for Santa they hold back any comments on the issue.

Nevertheless, Santa can see the astonishment in their faces and says, 'I asked you this because I want you to really start thinking about the reasons for going all the way there.'

So what reasons are there for the team to go there?

Wolverine may get hurt when they try to catch him. Wolverine might lose more than just the tail tip! And we need him in our team because he can make things done quickly before Christmas. Moreover, we want Wolverine to learn a lesson on the Chinese because there are already a lot of Chinese coming to Santa's Village and sooner or later Wolverine'll meet Chinese people. That's why he should get a more positive idea of them than he would have if they captured him by force.

Aren't you running out of time to go there though? The Christmas present rides start soon and Rudolph is in great demand for them. Can you guarantee he is back here way before them?

Yes, we can.

Well then, take the Christmas present sleigh, let Rudolph take his fellow reindeer to pull the sleigh together with him. That way you'll save a lot of time because it moves at the speed of light. Then you won't have to go through any security checks either when crossing the border to China. Besides, in China you'll need to show your Chinese visa only if the police stops you there and you need your passport if you want to buy a train, plane or coach ticket.