CHAPTER 19

At the police station nearby the police patrol that took the taxi driver to hospital receives some alarming news from Lixiang Park. There has been a commotion caused by a big, dark beast running around in the park.

Do you remember this taxi driver? He said he saw a big, fast-moving beast.

Was it quite close to Shekou Port?

Yes, it was. Perhaps he did see something strange there after all.

We'd better tell our chief about this.

But Shekou Port is not anywhere close to Lixiang Park, is it?

No, it's not but, you know, birds and animals move from place to place, don't they.

Yes, it's true.

They tell the chief about the beast and the taxi driver. He tells them to contact not only the taxi driver but the people who informed the police station of the beast.

Ok. We'll be on our way.

A few hours later.

It seems the beast is quite big, and it has lost the tip of its tail just recently.

A sharp knife has done him some harm?

Probably. Where do we have a lot of sharp knives?

Marketplace. It has to be one of the marketplaces in Shenzhen.

The first place we know they saw the beast was close to Shekou Port, didn't they. Any marketplace there?

Yes, there is.

Let's go there, shall we. Maybe some people have seen something out of the ordinary there just recently.