CHAPTER 54

There are still some disturbances in the area. They were expected though; it is highly likely when there are several kids present that some of them can't sit or stand still. So a couple of them start getting to know their immediate surroundings. Wang Xudong, 9, and Li Heng, 5, have started climbing up the stairs to the mezzanine floor, which forces their mothers to react.

'You cannot go there!' screams Li Na backed up by Zhao Wei.

Mrs Claus says, 'Boys will be boys.'

Then Li Qi, 3, gets really interested in the Christmas tree, walks briskly to it and is now pulling a twig downwards. She gets back-up very soon; Leo Mukula, 3, joins her in her pleasurable pastime and assists her with all his might in pulling the same twig downwards. The Christmas tree is now shaking in a most worrying way and is about to fall down. The first bilateral joint venture by the two industrious kids of the two nationalities is about to produce a result.

But there is a hindrance in their business aspirations. Santasec goes to the dear little fellows and suggests, 'Do you want to start decorating the Christmas tree? We already have some decorations higher up the tree but these lower branches and twigs need your help to look better.'

A deco elf scurries to them carrying a box full of Christmas decoration items and starts instructing them in decorating the tree.

Santasec turns to Mrs Claus and says, 'A girl will be a girl too.'

Mrs Claus understands the hidden meaning of his brother-in-law's message. There are both boys and girls that can be either active or inactive.