CHAPTER 20

Back in Finland too it seems the situation is getting more challenging. Santa Claus has been waiting at the Headquarters for all the nine fine animals to come to a briefing. Every Christmas Santa goes through the final steps of the Christmas preparations with them and now it's time for that again.

However Wolverine is not anywhere to be seen. That's why Santa asks,

'Where is Wolverine?'

Eight of the nine fine animals look askance at each other, so Santa continues,

'When did you see him last?'

Brown Bear answers, 'He was not with us to welcome Magpie back home from China at Rovaniemi Airport.'

'Why was he not with you there?!'

Brown Bear continues, 'You know we didn't want to tell impulsive Wolverine a couple of days earlier that Magpie was in Shenzhen. When Fox mentioned to all of us that we didn't have enough time to get a visa to China before Christmas, we started getting really worried about how to get Magpie back to Finland as soon as possible. At that moment we heard the door slam...'

'Slam? Who do you think slammed the door closed? Any ideas?'

'Well,' Fox joins the conversation and adds, 'You know Wolverine is impulsive and wants to get things done before you know it so he must have overheard the conversation that day...'

'And....?'

'He must have gone away before we changed our plans.'

'Then you made up your mind to start collecting money for Magpie to fly back to Finland, didn't you.' Santa adds.

Lynx responds 'Yes, that's what we did, after the slam.'

So Fox comes to a conclusion, 'He must have gone to Shenzhen to look for Pekka, mustn't he?'

'Yes, I'm afraid so. Remember 'even the walls have ears, don't they.'

---

QUESTIONS ABOUT SHARING AND KEEPING SECRETS

Have you ever shared any secret with anybody?

How can you make sure nobody else hears about it?

It may be somebody didn't share their secret with you. How did you feel then?

Wolverine realised they didn't want to talk about the problem with him. So they didn't share.

4. How must Wolverine have felt then?

Wolverine must have felt like this,

'They don't trust me, so they don't believe I'm of any use in solving this problem.'

Well, you know Wolverine is headstrong and impulsive.

5. What do you think he wanted to prove them by going to China?

---

Santa Claus continues, 'So is Wolverine missing because he is impulsive? Or because you didn't share the problem with him? '

The animals respond in unison, 'We should have shared the problem with him.'

Saimaa Seal says, 'He is impulsive but he really is a member of our team. Whenever we take him for a member of our team he can make things done properly and quickly.'

Swan adds, 'More quickly than us!...And without giving up an inch before the goal is reached.'

Elk joins the conversation, 'And does things sensibly if we explain the situation to him. However on his own he sometimes panics and makes downright destructive choices and in that case the outcome is not good.'

'So...,' Santa says, 'What are you going to do next?'

Brown Bear answers, 'We need to find him. But how?!'

Fox intervenes, 'Pekka you just came back from Shenzhen and it's likely Wolverine is on his way to Shenzhen or is already there now. So how can we know he is there?'

Pekka says, 'I've got a friend called Panda there.'

Fox continues, 'How can you contact him?'

'I have his WeChat name.'

'WeChat name?'

'It's a social media app, WeChat, I mean, like Skype or WhatsApp here. But I don't have WeChat. Wait a sec, I can install it on my phone. Panda told me how to do it. Then I can contact him.'

Santa says, 'You do that immediately, will you.'