CHAPTER 37

Rooster doesn't hesitate. There is an intruder trying to interfere with the operation. He attacks Magpie but Magpie dodges the attack. Rooster turns around but now sees a big beast by Magpie. He decides to retreat but Kunming comes to his aid. However Brown Bear's big paw swings and hits Kunming's hind leg so Kunming winces and retreats too. Tiger jumps on Brown Bear but manages to make only superficial scratches on Bear's thick skin and abundant fur. Brown Bear shakes him off his back and snaps at Tiger's tail. Tiger turns around and makes a deep cut in Bear's snout with his claws. Bear's big paw strikes Tiger's head. Tiger feels a bit dizzy and withdraws to his comrades and they make a defence formation. Bear, Magpie and Rudolph also get quickly together. Wolverine runs out of his hiding place to them too. Each team estimates their opponent but stays in their positions without making a move.

Monkey sees the opponent may be too strong. There may be casualties. He doesn't want to lose any of his comrades and it seems the opposing team is hesitating too. Monkey says both in English and in Chinese, 'You may beat us but you cannot beat our back-up which is better equipped and much more numerous than you. You are under siege. So you'd better surrender. '

Panda appears from behind the foreign team.

Tiger commands Panda to attack these strangers but is surprised; he goes to them as if he knew them.

Tiger roars, 'Traitor. Panda is a traitor.' Then he hurls his accusations directly at Panda, 'Just wait and see when this is over. You'll be charged with a treachery and a conspiracy against your people, which is in fact against all of us.'

Panda translates both the messages into English. Both the teams have a separate negotiation between the team members.

Fox is still hiding in the bushes but can hear what both the parties are saying. Rudolph receives the following message from Fox:

'The first message is probably correct, we are outnumbered by them so we are going to lose in the end. But the second message is a load of baloney. Just trying to scare Panda off by going to extremes, to pursuade him to turn against us.'

Tiger adds, 'Do you have any legal permission to be in this country?'

Rudolph answers, 'We came here to get Wolverine back to Lapland. Away from this country.'

- You didn't answer my question!

- We didn't come here to make any trouble but to help our friend Wolverine go back to Finland.

- Maybe you are just too slow to understand the question so I'll repeat the question. So

D-o y-o-u h-a-v-e a-n-y L-E-G-A-L r-i-g-h-t t-o b-e i-n C-h-i-n-a? A-n-y V-I-S-A?

Panda turns to his friends and asks, 'Well, do you have any document to prove you are not trespassing here?'

- No.

- What?! Magpie, I gave you the very specific instructions how to obtain a visa! First arrive in Hong Kong. Then take a boat from Hong Kong to Shekou Port in Shenzhen in mainland China. When you come to the customs in Shekou Port you can get a visa there to enter the country more or less immediately. 

Then Panda takes a deep breath and continues, 

-This really sheds new light on our situation and on my position. I trusted you take care of getting a visa but it seems you didn't follow my advice! Do you know what kind of consequences this might now have on my situation?

- No, we don't.

- Well, they may pass sentence on me for assisting you to come here illegally because you arrived here after our discussions on WeChat.